Supporter
Daps
Did the dust say happy sex when simba looked up at the sky at night

swampfox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The original Lion King had mediocre reviews when it debuted. It became a box office smash. I remember that in 93”. Same thing is happening with this one also. The original got so big that tha original narrative got lost when it came to critics. Became a blockbuster cult classic.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
8/10. I enjoyed it. Hakuna Matata was my fav scene (Donald killed it after the breakdown)...

It’s hard to project emotion with realistic lions so a lot of scenes and the singing looked off....but it’s the lion king man...gotta look pass those flaws...

It was a great movie atmosphere...everybody loves the lion king...the characters...the music...iconic

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Saw it, I can’t say it was a bad movie because it’s so close to the OG, buuuuut it was missing something that made the Lion King great, like this was cool, but none of the kids in the theater I was in really gave a damn about the movie I think the lack of emotion and expression on the animals kind of disengages you as well as the voice acting from Simba and Nala being pretty weak compared to what Mufasa, Scar, and Timon and Pumba we’re giving

Its really difficult to have human like expressions on realistic looking animals. I won't say they did a terrible job there, but it was definitely going to be a challenge.

For me I felt that Gambino lacked enthusiasm in some parts. Beyonce overacted her lines, like she wasn't speaking naturally. Add that to the above noted challenge with animals and I can see how someone could disengage from the movie.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Its really difficult to have human like expressions on realistic looking animals. I won't say they did a terrible job there, but it was definitely going to be a challenge.

For me I felt that Gambino lacked enthusiasm in some parts. Beyonce overacted her lines, like she wasn't speaking naturally. Add that to the above noted challenge with animals and I can see how someone could disengage from the movie.

And that lack of emotion makes it feel very very cynical

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It was lacklustre. :francis: It was devoid of emotion and I didn't find myself caring about the characters at all. Even Mufasa's death wasn't sad.

Apart from Timon and Pumba, no one else seemed really engaged and it was like they were just reading lines from the script just to do it - including Mufasa. Even the hyenas weren't all that funny. The singing at times was kinda meh too.

t6Eofsn.jpg

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Donald Glover is so much of a beta human being (which was good for the first part of Simba’s adulthood) that it was hard to take him serious as a king. Should’ve just gave it to Michael B. Jordan and let someone sing for him :yeshrug:

Beyonce was very dry, but that was expected since she can’t act. Her lines were limited though.

Despite that, the movie was dope. Gave you a lot of the same feelings as the OG.