The Lion King (2019) Official Thread

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was fine. I mean, Lion King is one of the greatest stories of all time. It’s hard to fukk it up.

I think the pacing felt off at times, like for instance Mufasa’s death scene, it was sad but still didn’t have that emotional pacing the animated movie had.

I thought the voice acting from some was great at times, then bad. It was weird. Timon and Pumba were the only consistents. Beyoncé actually wasn’t bad to me. The only time I felt her voice acting was bad was when she had to sound ferocious (ie. Her “lions...attack!” declaration). I thought she was just as good if not better than young Nyla. Young Nyla (the girl from Us) sounded like she was reading off a script. They shoulda had her and young simba read they lines together cuz their dialogue sounded uneven. She can sing tho. She was killing young simba in “Can’t Wait To Be King” lol.

I thought it was beautiful CGI. Yes the animals faces lacked emotion at time but it wasn’t as bad as I feared.

Overall, enjoyable film. Again, it’s one of the greatest stories of all time so it’s hard to F up The Lion King.

Also, :mjlol: at Scar trying to get in Sarabi guts. Homie was on some “we all grieve in different ways :jawalrus: come get yourself a real king and right your past mistake of choosing him over me:skip:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
My kids thought it was boring and kept asking to leave. We left after 30 minutes.doesn't hold a candle to the og. I was legit bored as well
It looked good but that's where it ends.
:mjlol:

If I spend money on tickets for me and my kids, they asses staying right there and watching the whole movie.

Leave before Timon and Pumbaa are introduced brehs:pachaha:

Last edited:

Gaston

Pro
Daps
Reppin
N.O. 9th Ward East Beast in San Jose
My kids enjoyed this movie just like they did for Aladdin. My wife and I enjoyed the movie. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions and I have no problem with that. I can't judge kid movies like it's some Oscar worthy movie. Since having kids I see kid movies in a different light now. It was not made for my grown 31 year old ass it was made for them. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

dc_minded_2020

Superstar
Daps
My kids enjoyed this movie just like they did for Aladdin. My wife and I enjoyed the movie. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions and I have no problem with that. I can't judge kid movies like it's some Oscar worthy movie. Since having kids I see kid movies in a different light now. It was not made for my grown 31 year old ass it was made for them. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

The OG was Oscar caliber, tho.

It won two and was nominated for a few others.