The Lion King (2019) Official Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
"stop reading reviews and make your own opinions," seems to be a very common thing people say here... what if you think the trailer looks like shyt? not just this movie, but others as well. doesn't necessarily mean the movie stinks, but if i don't like the trailers, it's usually a pretty good indication i'm probably not gonna like the movie. didn't like the trailers for all the reasons that it seems like negative reviews have reinforced.

i'll bootleg this shyt in a month

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
"stop reading reviews and make your own opinions," seems to be a very common thing people say here... what if you think the trailer looks like shyt? not just this movie, but others as well. doesn't necessarily mean the movie stinks, but if i don't like the trailers, it's usually a pretty good indication i'm probably not gonna like the movie. didn't like the trailers for all the reasons that it seems like negative reviews have reinforced.

i'll bootleg this shyt in a month

If you don’t like the trailers then cool don’t see it. But using reviews to reinforce that opinion is confirmation bias

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Movie was great

Some of u need to stop reading reviews before u watch the damn thing

How u gonna let some random create the picture for u

That’s normally what I do. Watch the movie first then read reviews. Did that with this too. Just so happened I was on the same page with most critics I do read :manny:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Saw it a few hours ago.

A LOT of the shyt critics and Coli brehs were whining about didn’t bother me in the slightest.

There WAS a lack of emotion in the animals faces and no true expressions but this is a CGI/Live Action movie with photorealistic animals, we all knew this when the movie was announced. It didn’t bother me nearly as much as the critics tried to make it.

The voice acting was great and really carried the movie. Chiwetol Ejiofor KILLED his role and I prefer his Be Prepared rendition over the animated movie. Billy Eichner and Seth Rogan did a FANTASTIC job as Timon and Pumba. They had the whole theater (which was PACKED) laughing. They should get a spinoff.

The movie could have benefited from a few changes or alterations to make it truly stand apart from the animated movie. But this is Disney, they in it for the nostalgia money, not to make a classic.

7.5/10 . Definitely worth seeing in theaters. That JD Mccrary kid is going to be a HUGE star if he keeps on doing his thing
Basically my sentiments. Only thing I'll add is they should have recast Moustafa just to make it fresher. It's a quality movie experience for the whole family just not perfect like the OG.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Seeing this later tonight. My cousin who is in her 30s posted on FB "MAN YALL BETTER NOT SPOIL THIS MOVIE"
:mjlol:

I hear that
Mufasa dies.
SHOCK AND AWE!!!

Why, why, WHY didn't Beyonce just stick with the Spirit album? I hear it's wonderful, and she could have taken her place w/Elton John and Phil Collins (Tarzan). But NOOOOOOOOOOO. She had to put herself all in the video...all on the soundtrack...PLUS a separate album. Somebody please tell that broad that she. Can. Not. Act. shyt, she can't even act in CGI!!!!! And whoever put Donald up with Beyonce on Can You Feel the Love This Afternoon should never work on a musical again.

No shade, but casting JEJ as Mufasa again was a mistake. Chiwetel Ejiofor should have taken that role. Ving Rhames would've been great, too. If they were going to bring someone back, it should've been Jeremy Irons as Scar.

How boring was this film? My Beyonce-stanning cousins (who BEGGED me to see this shyt) were texting the whole time. I actually went to my car to read. About 10 minutes later, these little bees (Beys?) came out - not b/c it was over, but b/c they were ready to leave!

On one hand, I think the hate is kind of intense. It's not *bad*, mind you, just horribly, HORRIBLY dull. On the other hand, Disney was crazy to remake this, so they deserve ALL the criticism.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
lol at thinking this shyt wasn't gonna print money. :mjlol:

Even Aladdin is at a billi .
full

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
I Was Skeptical about The remake from The Jump.....

I Must Say I was impressed By What I saw :ehh:

The Cast did a great Job:salute:

I Feel Like I'm in 94- 95 again :mjcry:

I remember Going To Disneyland and seeing the Lion King Celebration Parade:blessed:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Man be prepared was nothing compared to the original smh
shyt was fukking trash. Ruined the movie because it never recovered really. I thought it was alright up til that point. Even the Circle of Life and Cant Wait To Be King renditions were decent. Changed more than I liked but not enough to complain about. But then....Be Prepared...:gucci:

Second half of the movie never got back to par .