The Lion King (2019) Official Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I was talking about kids movies in general not just Lion King.
Movies like Up, Beauty & the Beast, Lion King, Toy Story 3 are top notch and absolutely Oscar worthy. Kids movies can be masterpieces too. This isn't some garbage like Minions that are very clearly not for anyone who has hit puberty

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Saw it a few hours ago.

A LOT of the shyt critics and Coli brehs were whining about didn’t bother me in the slightest.

There WAS a lack of emotion in the animals faces and no true expressions but this is a CGI/Live Action movie with photorealistic animals, we all knew this when the movie was announced. It didn’t bother me nearly as much as the critics tried to make it.

The voice acting was great and really carried the movie. Chiwetol Ejiofor KILLED his role and I prefer his Be Prepared rendition over the animated movie. Billy Eichner and Seth Rogan did a FANTASTIC job as Timon and Pumba. They had the whole theater (which was PACKED) laughing. They should get a spinoff.

The movie could have benefited from a few changes or alterations to make it truly stand apart from the animated movie. But this is Disney, they in it for the nostalgia money, not to make a classic.

7.5/10 . Definitely worth seeing in theaters. That JD Mccrary kid is going to be a HUGE star if he keeps on doing his thing

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They could have added more bells and whistles to it (while keeping the entire storyline from the OG)....could've made the "world" of the Pride Lands seem more expansive like Black Panther or Aquaman did the "worlds" its respective characters were based in but, outside of that I had no complaints.

The movie isn't for us. Its for little kids. The people who watched the first film are 25 - 38 years old now. And lets be honest, alot of stuff we liked back in the day was trash. We were just kids and the nostalgia factor adds to the fond memories we have. For example, I watched Casper a few months ago. The nostalgia and the music alone had me :mjcry: because it represents a piece of my childhood but, if that movie came out today I wouldn't give a fukk about it. Its for the kids man.

My eyes did get a little watery when they showed Pride Rock in the beginning :mjcry:

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished watching it a few hours ago with my daughter. I think the only issue here is they went tooooo live action for this movie in regards to the lions facial expressions. They should have took a page out of Beauty and the Beast live action with how they did Beast facial expressions. That way the emotions of voice actors could have really been displayed better(especially with the mufassa death scene). That would have made this movie pure crack cause the cgi was siiiiiiiick. My only real beef was "love tonight" being sung in the day time lol. OH! COLI brehs fooled me with the "long live the king" scene. Scar did put his claws in mufassa paws then he snuffed him. That Twitter clip only had him getting snuffed :laugh: had me thinking they royally fukked that up, when they actually only added to it.
All in all cool flick.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Saw it a few hours ago.

A LOT of the shyt critics and Coli brehs were whining about didn’t bother me in the slightest.

There WAS a lack of emotion in the animals faces and no true expressions but this is a CGI/Live Action movie with photorealistic animals, we all knew this when the movie was announced. It didn’t bother me nearly as much as the critics tried to make it.

The voice acting was great and really carried the movie. Chiwetol Ejiofor KILLED his role and I prefer his Be Prepared rendition over the animated movie. Billy Eichner and Seth Rogan did a FANTASTIC job as Timon and Pumba. They had the whole theater (which was PACKED) laughing. They should get a spinoff.

The movie could have benefited from a few changes or alterations to make it truly stand apart from the animated movie. But this is Disney, they in it for the nostalgia money, not to make a classic.

7.5/10 . Definitely worth seeing in theaters. That JD Mccrary kid is going to be a HUGE star if he keeps on doing his thing

I agree with everything except scar I thought he would bring it I was disappointed in Chi

Everything else was cool