The Lox Interview on Hot97 w/ Ebro and Cipha Sounds *video added*

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
the bolded and when Ciph started to talk about clubs and girls and all that is whats wrong with NY or just hip-hop in general. nikkaz is lettin bytches dictate whats hot right now and what they listen to. if a bytch don't like it and nikkaz can't grind on her ass to it then nikkaz don't fukk wit it. i agree wit Styles 100%. also when Ebro talkin bout NY artist don't put out hot records is he sayin that everything on the radio is hot in terms of quality or hot in terms of sales and all that bs. i don't hate on Ebro like most of ya'll do but i just can't fukk wit his reasonin for not playin NY shyt.

Sad to say, we got a generation of heads think that music should all be about gettting hoes and letting them walk all over dudes.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
What I don't get is where's the balance? Yea you can play club/strip club records but where's the street hop records to give it that balance. Just look at when DMX came on the scene with Get At Me Dog during the Shiny Suit/Popping Bottles era.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
What I don't get is where's the balance? Yea you can play club/strip club records but where's the street hop records to give it that balance. Just look at when DMX came on the scene with Get At Me Dog during the Shiny Suit/Popping Bottles era.

808s and snares of the southern variety are addictive. In Fact, so addictive, that even the DMX tracks can't hype people anymore.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
kiss's voice was cracking me up but they were talking real shyt. it good that a older group is weighing in and be honest but at the same time, they is no way that they can make this argument and not sound bitter. i like street rap but i honestly don't want to hear that often enough to care if it's on the radio or not. we're in a different era and these slightly older heads seem to flail as if shyt's not going to come full circle. they need to focus on playing their part and spend more time fostering the new shyt instead of trying to compete because they are not going to win. no dis but there will be a renaissance before the old street dudes top the charts again.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
kiss's voice was cracking me up but they were talking real shyt. it good that a older group is weighing in and be honest but at the same time, they is no way that they can make this argument and not sound bitter. i like street rap but i honestly don't want to hear that often enough to care if it's on the radio or not. we're in a different era and these slightly older heads seem to flail as if shyt's not going to come full circle. they need to focus on playing their part and spend more time fostering the new shyt instead of trying to compete because they are not going to win. no dis but there will be a renaissance before the old street dudes top the charts again.

Nah, Rap never celebrate old artists unless you Jay/ Nas caliber. LOX trying to muscle themselves in the 21st century where more black kids can relate to Kendrick over being a super thug. Plus NY is getting gentrified which contributes to the changing scene.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nah, Rap never celebrate old artists unless you Jay/ Nas caliber. LOX trying to muscle themselves in the 21st century where more black kids can relate to Kendrick over being a super thug. Plus NY is getting gentrified which contributes to the changing scene.

so you don't think street rap is going to have another wave?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Probably not. I'd love for it to happen just to add some flavor and a different perspective and because its not like poverty and crime ended, but it doesn't seem to be the music that labels want to push down our throats at the moment.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Probably not. I'd love for it to happen just to add some flavor and a different perspective and because its not like poverty and crime ended, but it doesn't seem to be the music that labels want to push down our throats at the moment.
word. but why wouldn't they want to push it down our throats if a lot of people are still living that way?

could it be because the shyt ain't hot? lmao. im clownin, tho.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
word. but why wouldn't they want to push it down our throats if a lot of people are still living that way?

could it be because the shyt ain't hot? lmao. im clownin, tho.

Lol I think some of it is hot and still hot and some of it isn't but we can say that for any type of hip hop, it's always been that way. Some shyt works some shyt doesn't but I just feel like a lot of labels want hip hop to be a certain way and have wanted it to be a certain way for a while and will continue to do so. We don't own our music that WE created (speaking as a black man) so it is what it is. Listen to Jada talk about Def Jam

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And another thing, this whole notion Ebro has about "majors" and "minors" and putting in work to get played on the radio is nonsense because radio is supposed to be a part of the work and helping to get your movement. DJs and radio used to break artists, so why not break some artists instead of telling this new artists that they have to already have a backing in order for you to just play the record? Styles was right for putting his foot on his neck

Wild self

Supporter
Daps

In the age of globalization, nope. Thanks to social networking, people's histories and thier crime shyt can be exposed at a few kicks of a mouse. Plus its a generational thing. Cats from Gen Y rather go out and party every weekend, rather than gen X that grew up in the middle of the crack era.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
In the age of globalization, nope. Thanks to social networking, people's histories and thier crime shyt can be exposed at a few kicks of a mouse. Plus its a generational thing. Cats from Gen Y rather go out and party every weekend, rather than gen X that grew up in the middle of the crack era.
This is bs cause if that was the case than Chicago wouldn't have the wave they havin right now wit the drill music..variety is always a good thing...what y'all sayin is like nikkas completely counting out the Horror genre in movies cause it's a new " era"..which they damn near doing but it's mad stupid... Where there's a Yin there's a Yang and everything ain't clubs and everything ain't happy..there's people out there still in the streets and strugglin and who is anybody to say their movement isn't meant to be heard?..people feel all kinds of emotions..deal with all kinds of shyt.. And all those lanes should be able to be represented in the music...there's no balance..and that ISNT a good thing whatsoever..

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
This is bs cause if that was the case than Chicago wouldn't have the wave they havin right now wit the drill music..variety is always a good thing...what y'all sayin is like nikkas completely counting out the Horror genre in movies cause it's a new " era"..which they damn near doing but it's mad stupid... Where there's a Yin there's a Yang and everything ain't clubs and everything ain't happy..there's people out there still in the streets and strugglin and who is anybody to say their movement isn't meant to be heard?..people feel all kinds of emotions..deal with all kinds of shyt.. And all those lanes should be able to be represented in the music...there's no balance..and that ISNT a good thing whatsoever..

Chicago in crime is insane right now. The wannabe trap music called grime unfortunately reflects the worst out of these kids. Problem is, the balance in Hip Hop has not been around since the late 80s. Many of these oldheads that were responsible for overthrowing the blackpower music in the early 90s are mad that their street rap is losing grip on the kids of today. Unless there is another crack epidemic in the east coast and technology like the internet and the I pod suddenly disappears, that grimey music isn't coming back.