The Lox Interview on Hot97 w/ Ebro and Cipha Sounds *video added*

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Chicago in crime is insane right now. The wannabe trap music called grime unfortunately reflects the worst out of these kids. Problem is, the balance in Hip Hop has not been around since the late 80s. Many of these oldheads that were responsible for overthrowing the blackpower music in the early 90s are mad that their street rap is losing grip on the kids of today. Unless there is another crack epidemic in the east coast and technology like the internet and the I pod suddenly disappears, that grimey music isn't coming back.
Son what are u even talkin about?..there was a balance in the music up until the early 00s..which is why I can hear a damn DMX song on the radio..then an LL Cool J..then an Nelly..then a Ja..then a Mobb Deep..then a Snoop..then a Nas..then a Jay...Missy..Timbaland..Eminem..Outkast..Scarface.. even fukkin 2pac who had been dead for years...Cash Money..No Limit..Gangstarr..etc etc..and this is all late 90s early 00s..

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Son what are u even talkin about?..there was a balance in the music up until the early 00s..which is why I can hear a damn DMX song on the radio..then an LL Cool J..then an Nelly..then a Ja..then a Mobb Deep..then a Snoop..then a Nas..then a Jay...Missy..Timbaland..Eminem..Outkast..Scarface.. even fukkin 2pac who had been dead for years...Cash Money..No Limit..Gangstarr..etc etc..and this is all late 90s early 00s..

Again, this is revisionists points of view. They were talented, yes, but still a knock below on what the late 80s in terms of diverse content. Back when you heard Brand Nubian, Public Enemy, Rakim, KRS, and even Ice Cube on the radio talking about every subject under the sun. They shytted on the socially conscious music back in the early 90s by some of today's oldheads and gradually went downhill from there. In the early 00s, there were several types of dope records,but most of them lack the ability to expand the culture properly, like a Nas or even an Outkast. Most of them were Tupac knockoffs that harped on negativity 99% on the radio. Talented, but negative.

Today is a whole nother story. all beats and hooks, all bullshyt and negativity that expanded from the early 00s.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Again, this is revisionists points of view. They were talented, yes, but still a knock below on what the late 80s in terms of diverse content. Back when you heard Brand Nubian, Public Enemy, Rakim, KRS, and even Ice Cube on the radio talking about every subject under the sun. They shytted on the socially conscious music back in the early 90s by some of today's oldheads and gradually went downhill from there. In the early 00s, there were several types of dope records,but most of them lack the ability to expand the culture properly, like a Nas or even an Outkast. Most of them were Tupac knockoffs that harped on negativity 99% on the radio. Talented, but negative.

Today is a whole nother story. all beats and hooks, all bullshyt and negativity that expanded from the early 00s.
No it isn't a revisionist point of view..this is the point of view of a nikka who was on the scene DJing since the mid to late 90s..there was balance..may not have been as great of an era from the 80s..u had the bullshyt..no doubt..but there was STILL different lanes of hip hop being played and everybody I named was SUCCESSFUL and sounded DIFFERENT for the most part..I'm not being revisionist..ur just ignoring the truth..people been complaining about hip hop since the late 80s..and that was the true golden era...this is literally the first time I've ever experience the culture at a point where it can't even defend itself cause it's so bad..

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
No it isn't a revisionist point of view..this is the point of view of a nikka who was on the scene DJing since the mid to late 90s..there was balance..may not have been as great of an era from the 80s..u had the bullshyt..no doubt..but there was STILL different lanes of hip hop being played and everybody I named was SUCCESSFUL and sounded DIFFERENT for the most part..I'm not being revisionist..ur just ignoring the truth..people been complaining about hip hop since the late 80s..and that was the true golden era...this is literally the first time I've ever experience the culture at a point where it can't even defend itself cause it's so bad..

:yeshrug:

The swagged out 808s/snares/ tricking culture will die out. In fact it is already making people mad and want for something different, along with substance. The street dudes dropped the ball with Saigon cause he was being "too preachy" back int he mid 00s.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
the bolded and when Ciph started to talk about clubs and girls and all that is whats wrong with NY or just hip-hop in general. nikkaz is lettin bytches dictate whats hot right now and what they listen to. if a bytch don't like it and nikkaz can't grind on her ass to it then nikkaz don't fukk wit it. i agree wit Styles 100%. also when Ebro talkin bout NY artist don't put out hot records is he sayin that everything on the radio is hot in terms of quality or hot in terms of sales and all that bs. i don't hate on Ebro like most of ya'll do but i just can't fukk wit his reasonin for not playin NY shyt.

If the hoes like I love nikka nikka nikka

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
what artist did ebro blow up from the bay?
To be able to be a program director.
as I can not remember any bay artist.
That was a new Gen artist that drew nationally, or locally.
Did, he make hyphy a draw from A grassroots level?
Could someone give me the gateway knowledge on ebro.

Art Barr