The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

Kwéyòl

Moon walking seeing moon people
Daps
Reppin
St.Lucia,Dominica n St.Croix
I was just thinking about this series this morning

They let one MF game completely derail what i thought was going to be a Never ending series...or at least a lengthy one like Assassins Creed

I dont even remember Andromeda being that bad....but it wasnt as good either.
They wrote themselves into a corner to be honest that’s why I think

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The next mass effect game won’t flop... that’s their cash cow:francis: it’s rare to see a franchise ruin a game back to back:yeshrug::yeshrug: I have confidence the failure of andromeda will make the new game amazing:yeshrug:

Well they thought their cash cow was going to be Anthem, so they dropped development of Andromeda before it was done. If they learned from their mistakes, we're good, but I'm not sure because EA ruins almost everything.

The most important thing they need to do is scrap that Dragon Age Inquistion engine. Both Andromeda and DAI ran on the same engine and the complaints about both games was similar. I believe the new Dragon Age has been in development for like 2-3 years already so that game will probably tell us a lot about what the new ME will be like.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Well they thought their cash cow was going to be Anthem, so they dropped development of Andromeda before it was done. If they learned from their mistakes, we're good, but I'm not sure because EA ruins almost everything.

The most important thing they need to do is scrap that Dragon Age Inquistion engine. Both Andromeda and DAI ran on the same engine and the complaints about both games was similar. I believe the new Dragon Age has been in development for like 2-3 years already so that game will probably tell us a lot about what the new ME will be like.

I keep hearing this. What about it people don't like. I can never get a straight answer.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I keep hearing this. What about it people don't like. I can never get a straight answer.

There's a lot of running around and doing busy work in small meaningless missions and the world doesn't feel alive. One of the biggest complaints about DAI is the Hinterlands, you can easily spend 10-15 hours in the Hinterlands when the game starts and it's just boring. There feels like a neverending amount of small missions and resource collection in it that you feel like your not getting much out of. The reality is that this area is just kind of a tutorial area, but most of the open areas have that feeling of nothingness in it.

When the game does have setpieces and interesting dialogue sections like that palace banquet segment, it's pretty fun, but there's not a lot of that. Andromeda was made the same way, there's too many big maps to run around and do nothing in but do side missions and resource collection and it doesn't feel interesting. People complained about BioWare doing this in ME1 so that's why they removed the Mako stuff in 2 (except that one DLC) and 3, but they did it in these 2 games anyway and it wasn't that fun.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Frostbite is hell to develop with apparently. More time making that shyt work right means less time towards content and other stuff... makes updates slow as fukk too. Which is what really hemmed up a lot of bioware's projects ever since they were forced to work with it.
There's a lot of running around and doing busy work in small meaningless missions and the world doesn't feel alive. One of the biggest complaints about DAI is the Hinterlands, you can easily spend 10-15 hours in the Hinterlands when the game starts and it's just boring. There feels like a neverending amount of small missions and resource collection in it that you feel like your not getting much out of. The reality is that this area is just kind of a tutorial area, but most of the open areas have that feeling of nothingness in it.

When the game does have setpieces and interesting dialogue sections like that palace banquet segment, it's pretty fun, but there's not a lot of that. Andromeda was made the same way, there's too many big maps to run around and do nothing in but do side missions and resource collection and it doesn't feel interesting. People complained about BioWare doing this in ME1 so that's why they removed the Mako stuff in 2 (except that one DLC) and 3, but they did it in these 2 games anyway and it wasn't that fun.
Yep. That's how it played out more or less.

I like DA:I, but its one of the few games that I simply can't replay because of how many small busy work hurdles are poured into it.

All of the setpieces are great... and shyt, if they'd simply adopted a better villain or even villain design, then the game would've been better received too. Andromeda's director should've halted the product numerous times because there's clear, fundamental problems with that games progression, story, narrative, cast, etc - the only thing that was on point was the combat but that didn't even matter because every enemy was plain bad.