The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Frostbite is hell to develop with apparently. More time making that shyt work right means less time towards content and other stuff... makes updates slow as fukk too. Which is what really hemmed up a lot of bioware's projects ever since they were forced to work with it.

Yep. That's how it played out more or less.

I like DA:I, but its one of the few games that I simply can't replay because of how many small busy work hurdles are poured into it.

All of the setpieces are great... and shyt, if they'd simply adopted a better villain or even villain design, then the game would've been better received too. Andromeda's director should've halted the product numerous times because there's clear, fundamental problems with that games progression, story, narrative, cast, etc - the only thing that was on point was the combat but that didn't even matter because every enemy was plain bad.

What's frustrating is that Corypheus wasn't even that bad of a main villain, he just needed better development, and to show up more than a handful of times. But Bioware went full Bioware and assumed that everyone had read not only every codex entry even tangentially related to him, but also played the Dragon Age 2 DLC he was introduced in. It sucks, because the time time he spends on screen is pretty good, as I remember it. The "Where is your Maker now?" speech was good, but it happens literally right before the final fight.

It's like they knew what story they wanted to tell about the Inquisitor (and knew how to support it with setpieces like you were saying), and knew what they wanted to do with the Solas reveal, and then just threw the rest of it together.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
What's frustrating is that Corypheus wasn't even that bad of a main villain, he just needed better development, and to show up more than a handful of times. But Bioware went full Bioware and assumed that everyone had read not only every codex entry even tangentially related to him, but also played the Dragon Age 2 DLC he was introduced in. It sucks, because the time time he spends on screen is pretty good, as I remember it. The "Where is your Maker now?" speech was good, but it happens literally right before the final fight.

It's like they knew what story they wanted to tell about the Inquisitor (and knew how to support it with setpieces like you were saying), and knew what they wanted to do with the Solas reveal, and then just threw the rest of it together.
Yeah... his development was ass. Especially when Solas' 'gradual' turn was incredible. shyt, even Bull flipping was more impactful.

I don't think Corpheus managed one real significant W over the course of the entire story.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
My first foray into this piff:mjgrin:

If you don't hit the :wow: several times during your Mass Effect 2 playthrough you are an actual brainlet.

That game in particular is one of the greatest games of all time. The rest are still some of the greatest sci fi games ever made. You're in for a treat. :banderas:

Piffiztheanswer

L'immortale
Daps
Reppin
The International Scene
If you don't hit the :wow: several times during your Mass Effect 2 playthrough you are an actual brainlet.

That game in particular is one of the greatest games of all time. The rest are still some of the greatest sci fi games ever made. You're in for a treat. :banderas:
Ive heard great things and some bad but if they pull it off:blessed:

Need more RPGz in my life rn:mjgrin:

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Already replayed the trilogy on the xbone but I’d still be interested in this depending on how much work was put into it. 2 and 3 still hold up pretty well but they have their work cut out for them with 1.

ME1 is still my favorite game in the trilogy despite the gameplay. I could roam the citadel for hours talking with the alien races

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Is ME3 that bad?

No, it's a great game. People just didn't like it because they had their own opinion of how the ending of the trilogy should be handled. They also forced a lot of the characters you grew to love into positions that you wouldn't expect, so that rubbed some people the wrong way.

The gameplay/combat and progression in ME3 is the best in the series, but it's basically not a RPG at all, and people didn't like that. It's fun as hell to me though.

Daps
No, it's a great game. People just didn't like it because they had their own opinion of how the ending of the trilogy should be handled. They also forced a lot of the characters you grew to love into positions that you wouldn't expect, so that rubbed some people the wrong way.

The gameplay/combat and progression in ME3 is the best in the series, but it's basically not a RPG at all, and people didn't like that. It's fun as hell to me though.

Downloading now. Need something to play to hold me over until next Thursday.