The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I remember many months ago when Charlotte beat Asuka for the SmackDown Women's Championship. That one moment just left me like :scust:, in a way that made me realize it was time to stop watching. At some point in May, I decided to join NWG and not look back. Until recently. Bayley's promo the night after she turned heel was the first thing that made me tune in live in a while. Then came tonight.

I actually bought into SmackDown on Fox being part of a new era and wanted to see how things would go. I was only interested in the main event and the opening segment. Despite the opening segment being good (minus Becky's presence), the main event made me realize that there's no new era. This is all just cosmetic.

Kofi has had a genuinely good run as champion for six months, and he's been booked very well for the majority of the year. The minute I found out Brock was challenging, I knew Kofi's reign was on borrowed time. We all knew this because Brock kills the momentum of everybody around him, but maybe, the match would have been good. Nope. Kofi loses in less than 15 seconds. He gets booked to look like every other babyface in this business. And he'll never touch that championship again. And Brock will handcuff the entire title scene for several months, just like he did on RAW. And the first guy to get a crack at Brock is an unsigned UFC fighter.

WWE can say that things will change and they can go as far as bringing an entire show to a new network, but that's just the top layer. They're still going to be just as inept and bland and repetitive and incompetent as they've always been, and that's okay. Because we don't have to pay attention to it anymore.

We have a new company and a new decade on the rise. WWE has to keep up with it, and if they can't, it's not our problem. :manny:

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
If a wrestler takes a bump but nobody watches, does he get over? :ohhh: