The Official 2024 College Football Random Thoughts Thread

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps

@Trust Me I guess I'm Tide-n-Chains now :lolbron:

When did OSU being a DB factory start to slow down? I remember the tressel & early urban era they were pumping out DBs, I would've guessed they were still 1 or 2.

I would've NEVER guessed Pitt was in the top 5...but Narduzzi & Dantonio always developed DBs while at MSU

Whats crazy is miami fans for years have been scratching their heads how one of the elite db schools seem to struggle getting guys.. And Im not talking misses like Patrick johnson/peterson, Surtain, and such but even Illinois and fukking toledo is coming in state and pulling out first rounders.. Even so we got kids in league.. wait til we get it together and start flooding 1st rounders again.. SOON :demonic:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

When did OSU being a DB factory start to slow down? I remember the tressel & early urban era they were pumping out DBs, I would've guessed they were still 1 or 2.

I would've NEVER guessed Pitt was in the top 5...but Narduzzi & Dantonio always developed DBs while at MSU

Ryan.

Day.

Is.

Sawft.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

If only we stuck the landing with Koolaid and Kamari :mjcry:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Breh I know you take a lot of pride in Texas wanting to spend a lot of money that much is obvious but if y’all didn’t have to overspend for recruits and could sell these kids on going to Texas y’all would. Y’all are desperate for a championship and y’all are going all in for one, nothing wrong with that but some schools have to do that some schools don’t. You clown schools LSU, Bama, Michigan for not throwing money around but they shouldn’t have to, they didn’t work so hard to build a brand just to have to compete in bidding wars
What is overspending? Why do you think you get to set that benchmark at whatever LSU is willing to pay? NIL has nothing to do with the schools brand, it's about what these kids think they are worth in the market. If schools think they should get a discount because of who they are then they are looking at this completely wrong and will fall behind in recruiting soon enough. But the real bottom line is all schools would spend like Oregon, Texas, A&M etc can if they could afford too. Brian Kelly is basically begging for more NIL dollars in that interview.

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
What is overspending? Why do you think you get to set that benchmark at whatever LSU is willing to pay? NIL has nothing to do with the schools brand, it's about what these kids think they are worth in the market. If schools think they should get a discount because of who they are then they are looking at this completely wrong and will fall behind in recruiting soon enough. But the real bottom line is all schools would spend like Oregon, Texas, A&M etc can if they could afford too. Brian Kelly is basically begging for more NIL dollars in that interview.
You’re delusional, your pushing this NIL school will take over everyone will fall behind rethoric, at the end of the day these coaches have a program to run and when you set a environment of everything being behind money there’s a lot that can go wrong with that. We have already seen that happen with Texas A&M. LSU could have matched whatever OU wanted to pay that d lineman at the end of the day kid who has no ties to Louisiana shouldnt be making more than kids who been busting their ass for the program for all these years. When you built a brand of winning championship, pumping NFL talent, playing in Death Valley you shouldn’t have to go to bidding war with schools who are trying to get there. You obviously got caught up in the one quote from BK and didn’t hear the whole interview

Either way rich people don’t become rich by being dumb with money, a lot of these kids are going to be bust, a lot of these coaches will feel the pressure to win now or get fired, you putting all of the leverage on the booster now all of sudden they’re whitholding funds because they want the coach fired. Too much can go wrong

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You’re delusional, your pushing this NIL school will take over everyone will fall behind rethoric, at the end of the day these coaches have a program to run and when you set a environment of everything being behind money there’s a lot that can go wrong with that. We have already seen that happen with Texas A&M. LSU could have matched whatever OU wanted to pay that d lineman at the end of the day kid who has no ties to Louisiana shouldnt be making more than kids who been busting their ass for the program for all these years. When you built a brand of winning championship, pumping NFL talent, playing in Death Valley you shouldn’t have to go to bidding war with schools who are trying to get there. You obviously got caught up in the one quote from BK and didn’t hear the whole interview

Either way rich people don’t become rich by being dumb with money, a lot of these kids are going to be bust, a lot of these coaches will feel the pressure to win now or get fired, you putting all of the leverage on the booster now all of sudden they’re whitholding funds because they want the coach fired. Too much can go wrong
You continue to have a hard time comprehending the words I type in reply to you. I'm not even arguing most of the points you continue to add into this back and forth. The main theme is you can't just decide schools are overpaying just because they have more money to spend than LSU. If you want to keep your head in the sand about that point then we can agree to disagree. Y'all lament my points on NIL but in due time we'll see

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

I feel like some time after the chip, osu was getting heat then a bit after the chip, it started to be less in the secondary less in the d line, and o line and boom here we are, and don’t get it twisted they have recruited dudes, but they have not been like ward or latt

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps

School should sell it fuccking self:wow:

That attitude is what actually got us in this mess, school was cheap and would hire coaches off fired staff and not invest in legit leadership because they assumed the talent would come regardless. smfh. The game changed in the mid 2000s and we were wayyyyyyy behind the curve.. Thank god Kirk put admin on blast on national tv to make them realize this was disgusting behavior..

Plus the investment in student housing in recent years, school is almost unrecognizable. When I heard a dude who played at SC walk facility and state this is one of best he has seen and wonder how people turn this down, legit look like resort in one of best zip codes in america.