The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Conz

Superstar
Daps
You definitely not alone. I feel like it’s become one of those cool to hate on the internet movies. Dope villain, hammer was on point, introduced widow and war machine, and the Monaco scene is one of the best in the MCU. Also touched on Tony’s alcoholism from the comics, actually made pepper an important part of the universe, made coulson a loved character, set up Thor, and let everyone know avengers was coming.

Good movie. Lotta times people just hate cuz they see other people hating.
yeah or it's one of the least memorable MCU movies by a mile. "introducing Black Widow" is not a benchmark for a good movie. granted i need to watch again, but i've always thought of this movie as sucking post-Monaco... which is absolutely an awesome sequence. from what i recall the end fight with War Machine and Mickey Rourke was the worst final boss fight in the entire series of movies. and while you can discredit me for speaking of a movie that i barely remember, that speaks volumes imo, bc i should remember shyt from this movie. it's bottom 5 with a bullet and will almost certainly stay there

Daps
Reppin
Denver
yeah or it's one of the least memorable MCU movies by a mile. "introducing Black Widow" is not a benchmark for a good movie. granted i need to watch again, but i've always thought of this movie as sucking post-Monaco... which is absolutely an awesome sequence. from what i recall the end fight with War Machine and Mickey Rourke was the worst final boss fight in the entire series of movies. and while you can discredit me for speaking of a movie that i barely remember, that speaks volumes imo, bc i should remember shyt from this movie. it's bottom 5 with a bullet and will almost certainly stay there
It’s one of the 2 movies black widow was good in, with winter soldier. It was her first appearance so it was before we all knew the only thing she can to is that spin and take a dude down with her legs around his head shyt. That scene where happy is fighting that dude and finally gets him down, then looks up and widow had taken out like 8 guys is great.

End battle wasn’t great, but it’s far from the worst. It was basically a better version of AoU’s final battle. Take out the drones then kill the main guy. Excellent whiplash with the metal suit is a way better villain than ultron was. Better than Thor 1 & 2, cap 1, AoU, IM3, at least.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
all i remember about Whiplash in the suit is that it looked ridiculous, and there isn't a single character less memorable in the entire MCU than Justin Hammer. I can picture him in a courtroom and dancing at one point, that's literally all i recall of that character, and i like Sam Rockwell a lot. oh and fukk John Slattery Howard Stark. Dominic Cooper >>>>>

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Can I bytch about something minuscule for a second? I hate the "Bleeding Edge" style suit up ability that Iron Man and BP have right now.

95x5asrv3be01.gif

AnimatedForkedBlackfly-max-1mb.gif

I miss the old suit ups...I liked that they were at least kinda grounded in realism. Even the ones in Civil War were pretty cool. Marvel's making me roll my eyes a lil bit with the whole "immaculate conception" set up, even if it's from the comics.

:mjlol: u do know nanotech like what bp and tony are using is in early beta testing stages in the real world so idk what u mean by it not being grounded as before. You then post the scene of him using the armour suitcase like that shyt itself isn't just as comparable; also like u mention it is from the comics which this cinematic universe is based on. Dnt really know why ur crying for, no offense, seems dumb that u can't suspend belief in a world of aliens, gods, magicians, teens with spider powers and a talking rac00n.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
:mjlol: u do know nanotech like what bp and tony are using is in early beta testing stages in the real world so idk what u mean by it not being grounded as before. You then post the scene of him using the armour suitcase like that shyt itself isn't just as comparable; also like u mention it is from the comics which this cinematic universe is based on. Dnt really know why ur crying for, no offense, seems dumb that u can't suspend belief in a world of aliens, gods, magicians, teens with spider powers and a talking rac00n.
The suitcase was the Mark V; A thinner, weaker version of the Mark II and III. That made sense. It's little thing, I'm not crying. I'll suspend disbelief all day, I just preferred the old way heroes suited up. Bleeding Edge is just a lil too convenient.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The suitcase was the Mark V; A thinner, weaker version of the Mark II and III. That made sense. It's little thing, I'm not crying. I'll suspend disbelief all day, I just preferred the old way heroes suited up. Bleeding Edge is just a lil too convenient.
thats why they made the shyt!
:melogrootoh:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
aight, watched Ironman 2... man, i didn't remember shyt about that friggin movie. it's good, 7/10 but the villains are still garbage and it's still a bottom 5 MCU movie.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
It’s one of the 2 movies black widow was good in, with winter soldier. It was her first appearance so it was before we all knew the only thing she can to is that spin and take a dude down with her legs around his head shyt. That scene where happy is fighting that dude and finally gets him down, then looks up and widow had taken out like 8 guys is great.

End battle wasn’t great, but it’s far from the worst. It was basically a better version of AoU’s final battle. Take out the drones then kill the main guy. Excellent whiplash with the metal suit is a way better villain than ultron was. Better than Thor 1 & 2, cap 1, AoU, IM3, at least.

It's not better than cap 1

• Dap
Reactions: flo

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

He had the Mark V when he was fighting a guy that built lightning whips in his garage....Thanos is literally throwing moons at people. As the threat level rises the upgrades should increase exponentially.

And judging by the trailer he's still gonna get his ass whupped, even with the Bleeding Edge armor.

Fred.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
lol u are crying u said in your post that u were gonna bytch for a bit, is bytching not crying? but seriously what dosen't make sense about nanotech though, and i dnt get how its convinient if tech is gonna advance in the uni and the natural progression wld be that. From lab to suit case to helicopter tony's been making his suits more compact and accesible. Do you mean convineit in regards to the bolded like he dnt really have to go through a suit up proccess?

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
Saw a TV spot with Groot playing a video game and Starlord telling him to stop. Anyone got that posted in here?

Edit: Here's a copy of it off someone's twitter

:whoa: I don't condone the comment in the tweet :hubie:
Fukin Groot with the attitude :dead:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Saw a TV spot with Groot playing a video game and Starlord telling him to stop. Anyone got that posted in here?

Edit: Here's a copy of it off someone's twitter

:whoa: I don't condone the comment in the tweet :hubie:
Fukin Groot with the attitude :dead:

March Madness been the home of so many Infinity War TV spots it seems.