The official Chet Holmgren will be a bust thread

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I

Thon maker never played one minute of top tier basketball before playing pro, why are comparing chet to random dudes. Chet has thr ability to playmake thats not his top quaility. He will be used similary to how cavs use mobley. Push on the break attack when he has a big whos slow on him, high low passing etc.

As far as this thread, not much reason given on why he will be, i have no reason to entertain this silly shyt lok
Nah that’s trash, thon was a 5 star just like Chet. He just skipped college. He would have went to college and dominated just like Chet. Or like , idk, Bol Bol, who did play ball ‘top tier basketball’ before leaving Oregon

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I actually think he has a higher floor than people give him credit for, hard to imagine him completely flaming out. He can protect the rim and shoot, that combo alone gives him great value even if his full offensive skillset doesnt develop

This nikka weigh just 15 more pounds than Trae Young. What fukkin rim protection is he going to provide?!

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Nah the point is watch him handle and pass. Va how he plays now. The league pidgeon holes bigs, most aren’t showcasing all those ‘guard skills’. Thon maker another example

The Thunder have guys like Poku out there playing the 3 throwing passes all over the place, Roby playing the 5 grabbing rebounds & running the break. Chet is going to do whatever he wants out there because that's what the Thunder want.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This nikka weigh just 15 more pounds than Trae Young. What fukkin rim protection is he going to provide?!
the days of low post centers getting touches & banging down low is gone, Chet showed he can be a good weak side defender protecting on drives which is key in todays league. Hes 19, he can fill out. If the whole bust label is built of him being frail and not his ability, I dont know how well thought out it is. From whag hes shown, he should project out to a solid starter at the least IMO, no clue if he'll put it ALL together, I dont necessarily buy him developing his full offensiive arsenal

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
the days of low post centers getting touches & banging down low is gone, Chet showed he can be a good weak side defender protecting on drives which is key in todays league. Hes 19, he can fill out. If the whole bust label is built of him being frail and not his ability, I dont know how well thought out it is. From whag hes shown, he should project out to a solid starter at the least IMO, no clue if he'll put it ALL together, I dont necessarily buy him developing his full offensiive arsenal
I am not on the Chet will be a bust train, but Chet is 100% not filling out, look at his father and that's pretty much his end result and his father was a pro basketball player.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I know it’s summer league but nah breh Chet is crazy nice

The D-List Vet

Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Thread already looks stupid

You have to be trying too hard or blind to not see that he has the tools to potentially be special
This shyt will definitely age like milk. How do you not trust your eye test by now? Chet is a player
Y'all think Chet a monster wait until victor Wembanyama enter the league, that is the only center Chet couldn't handle.

The D-List Vet

Daps
Reppin
Coli.
I know it’s summer league but nah breh Chet is crazy nice
Victor Wembanyama is better then Chet :wow: y'all need to watch team USA run with Chet he was hands down carrying USA and working everyone until he went against victor Wembanyama and he shut that cac down. Victor going to be even better.