The Official Coach Prime and the Colorado Buffaloes Thread

vino

Superstar
Daps
ok..../ hmmmm I would think having him working out would help
We’ll see, I just want it to be a positive outcome. I hope the agent didn’t sell him some bs or he didn’t sign nothing with ridiculous requirements.

Karume

All Star
Daps
We’ll see, I just want it to be a positive outcome. I hope the agent didn’t sell him some bs or he didn’t sign nothing with ridiculous requirements.
true, I mentioned working out because being out of shape is one knock against him that would be easy to combat. also it would demonstrate some level of dedication.

vino

Superstar
Daps
MSU lineman, which is interesting because prime normally pull 2 from a school or related. Could be a really good indicator.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
It’s simple..

If you don’t want to be in the spotlight
If you don’t want to be under a microscope
If you don’t want to face an unusual amount of pressure and scrutiny to win

Then don’t go to Colorado.

Colorado has cameras everywhere, celebrities, former NFL players and more importantly, NFL SCOUTS in Boulder every week.

You can’t hide or blend in because even if it doesn’t get reported in the media, your flaws will get exposed.

Most of the incoming transfers from this year and last year came to elevate their profile and become something they never were at the schools they left… starters. And the players who were starters wanted to be NFL prospects. They saw Colorado as the cheat code but quickly found out, Colorado is just like any other power 5 school :russ:

I think Edwards and McClain came to Colorado thinking they were doing the program a favor. And in return they would be rewarded with unlimited snaps on game day. Once they realized they were going to have to compete they folded. Both looked at Colorado as low class and beneath them. They got recruited by better schools so it was nothing for them to simply leave.

I think the class next year will make or break Prime.

2025 will show

1. How Prime does without his sons playing as well as Travis Hunter (who I don’t think is a lock to enter the draft).
2. Who is the QB going to be.
3. Will they rely solely on the portal again or will Prime gain any ground in HS recruiting.

If Colorado has a winning seasons, makes it to a bowl game and even the playoff, then the program is set.

They can’t have anymore blowouts on them like last year.

The caliber of players they gained in the portal on paper is way better than last year. And he went into this season with a better foundation at least.
It looks like to me Deion trying to create a program to build nfl dudes, if you really a nfl guy you can’t be running away from competition

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
He's in a tough spot Colorado just isn't going to spend the type of money needed to bring in good high school kids.
And now everybody is getting their NIL together so it's going to be tougher on portal recruiting. Now you have certain groups with an agenda against him, working against him. Just tough when he won't get the support he needs to make it happen at Colorado.
Have Colorado even gave prime the money the said they was gon give him?

I remember them saying they ain’t got it yet