Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

One of My favorite 90s era horror movies of all time
:blessed::blessed:

Now this is how to execute a sequel properly, leave the original cast to reprise the roles - all we need is Sarah Michelle Gillar to complete the cypher. (Until I remembered that she was killed in the first one 😂😭)

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
“While McKendrick is penning the pic, the idea for the new film came from Robinson and McKendrick, who blew away studio execs when they pitched this idea for a sequel last fall, especially given the recent success of the Scream franchise. That film was recently relaunched with original cast members returning, and the idea of bringing back original castmembers to draw in old-school fans while also adding fresh faces to relaunch the series was too good for the studio to pass up”
:mjtf:
“Sony also saw it important to not reboot the franchise but do a sort of “passing of the torch”-type sequel where original castmembers are brought back as a new generation cast members are added to the ensemble, similar to films like Scream”
shaq-leaving.gif

I was with it until they started with the scream comparisons, pass the torch and “new generation” babble - looks like another saturated CW PG13 made for tweenagers for a cash influx mid-authentic event in the works, instead of repurposing the film for its core audience like me, there from the beginning - the art of horror for creativity is lost these days
:unimpressed:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
"New generation" :camby:

Look forward to Millie Bobby Brown, Sydney Sweeney, Madelyn Cline etc. booking a North Carlonia Airbnb with their High School friends over Summer break brehs.
:dead: :dead: :laff:
You said it - these dumbass conceptual sequels and remakes have me sick right now. I can’t :snoop:all of the pandering and catering to the “new generation”

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
“While McKendrick is penning the pic, the idea for the new film came from Robinson and McKendrick, who blew away studio execs when they pitched this idea for a sequel last fall, especially given the recent success of the Scream franchise. That film was recently relaunched with original cast members returning, and the idea of bringing back original castmembers to draw in old-school fans while also adding fresh faces to relaunch the series was too good for the studio to pass up”
:mjtf:
“Sony also saw it important to not reboot the franchise but do a sort of “passing of the torch”-type sequel where original castmembers are brought back as a new generation cast members are added to the ensemble, similar to films like Scream”
shaq-leaving.gif

I was with it until they started with the scream comparisons, pass the torch and “new generation” babble - looks like another saturated CW PG13 made for tweenagers for a cash influx mid-authentic event in the works, instead of repurposing the film for its core audience like me, there from the beginning - the art of horror for creativity is lost these days
:unimpressed:
These two haven’t done anything noteworthy in the past and that kinda worries me on the chances of this actually turning into something worthwhile. At least for Scream, most of the horror community were already familiar with Matt and Tyler between their work on V/H/S and Ready or Not. So while many were skeptical on the franchise being brought back without Wes, there was at least some semblance of promise.

I’ll let ‘em cook but I hope this doesn’t end up like the failed Amazon joint.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

Great value Poltergeist,
decent acting ,a few jump scares

the family actually leave the haunted house in the middle of the movie:russ:

and the twist!!:whoo:
i was actually surprised by this one, came out of nowhere, but made sense

its a decent time watser in the background if you do not have a lot in the backlog.

Last edited: