Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
they aint fight.
he just joined Blue

vRRaDsB.jpg

Is that vampire storm? Is this an exiles like team?

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
Marvel Comics July 2018 Solicitations

BLAP2018003-InHyuk-Lee-var.jpg

@Diasporan Royalty @Young Bishop @Rastafarian42

:patrice:

So... hot take, BP is transported to alternate futuristic universe where his alternate self is evil galactic emperor while alternate version M'Baku and Nakia are heroic leaders of the rebellion?

The movie influence is in full affect but whats the end game here

:jbhmm: The concept is dope so I'm let Coates cook for a few issues before I give a honest opinion. Although I'm interested in interactions between Nakia,and T'Challa.

This same dumb broad that wrote a self-serving BP mini fanfic about BP getting killed by the Rhyno and some random black girl taking up the mantle of BP before then getting 'venom'ized [or something] is now writing this wakanda forever crap that is essentially a hit piece on Lupita's Nakia character to prop up Storm. :gucci:

Her, Roxanne Gay, that other chick i can't remember who wrote the crew... i ain't gonna generalize about black women writing comics but jesus christ i wish these three would find some other character to write about

Anything with Roxanne Gay is automatic :camby:We need more Octavia Butler(rip)Black women writers.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:jbhmm: The concept is dope so I'm let Coates cook for a few issues before I give a honest opinion. Although I'm interested in interactions between Nakia,and T'Challa.

This is where my interest lies too. I adore MCU Nakia, and it doesn't escape me that Coates did that townhouse event interviewing Chadwick and Lupita where he gushed about how the movie inspired/changed him in ways he didn't think it would. I don't know how long ago he got to see the cut before it was released in theaters, but the very next issue of BP was TNC pretty much hitting the reset button and aligning things with the MCU version.

Now all of a sudden BP is going to be teaming up with M'Baku and Nakia. So i'm very curious on how he reintroduces these characters and how they actually end up in the same time/space and BP. Or if they aren't the 616 versions.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Anything with Roxanne Gay is automatic :camby:We need more Octavia Butler(rip)Black women writers.

Yea, right now they're just getting black female writers who don't give a shyt about the titular character and just want to write about their own self-serving mary sues. That's what pisses me off.

They're biting BP's title and fame ["Black Panther: World of Wakanda"; "Wakanda Forever"; etc] only to sucker people into reading trash fan fiction... which only dilutes the brand because people will start associating it with trash, and then all the good spin off books [like "Rise of the Black Panther"] suffer from it because people become allergic to picking up any further derivatives

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Yea, Civil War was 2 years ago and they've known for a minute what his solo movie costume would look like, yet these Marvel fukks still can't be bothered to draw the accents on Black Panther's costume :francis:

Even the teeth on the necklace looks like shyt, like he got straws hanging from a string. If you got the time to draw the webs on spidey's costume, then you have the time to draw some accents; it's just being flat out negligent at this point.
The Stelfreeze redesign was wack. I don't get how he fukked up a perfect costume

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Is that vampire storm? Is this an exiles like team?
Yeah. Bloodstorm
Blue team been all over the place man.
The time displaced young X-Men.
You gotta read this shyt to really understand whats going on cause i dont think i can fully explain the shyt right. Lol

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Agreed Roxanne Gay needs never touch a black panther comic again.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
This is where my interest lies too. I adore MCU Nakia, and it doesn't escape me that Coates did that townhouse event interviewing Chadwick and Lupita where he gushed about how the movie inspired/changed him in ways he didn't think it would. I don't know how long ago he got to see the cut before it was released in theaters, but the very next issue of BP was TNC pretty much hitting the reset button and aligning things with the MCU version.

Now all of a sudden BP is going to be teaming up with M'Baku and Nakia. So i'm very curious on how he reintroduces these characters and how they actually end up in the same time/space and BP. Or if they aren't the 616 versions.
How does M'baku come back to life?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
How does M'baku come back to life?
One of those offhand black panther minis [Long Live the King?] brought him back 2-3 months ago. Basically had this obscure BP villain baron macabre resurrect him, using the resurrection alter or something. I'm not even sure if that mini is canon though.

Since M'Baku was declared dead in Coates run, that's what makes me think it may be alternate reality/time displacement stuff, as having him, bp and nakia all in the same vicinity to get transported just would seem random given how

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Marvel Comics July 2018 Solicitations

BLAP2018003-InHyuk-Lee-var.jpg

@Diasporan Royalty @Young Bishop @Rastafarian42

:patrice:

So... hot take, BP is transported to alternate futuristic universe where his alternate self is evil galactic emperor while alternate version M'Baku and Nakia are heroic leaders of the rebellion?

The movie influence is in full affect but whats the end game here

I thought that's what they were already doing with the Avengers with Blue Marvel and Miss America, Captain Marvel and Galactus.

This same dumb broad that wrote a self-serving BP mini fanfic about BP getting killed by the Rhyno and some random black girl taking up the mantle of BP before then getting 'venom'ized [or something] is now writing this wakanda forever crap that is essentially a hit piece on Lupita's Nakia character to prop up Storm. :gucci:

Her, Roxanne Gay, that other chick i can't remember who wrote the crew... i ain't gonna generalize about black women writing comics but jesus christ i wish these three would find some other character to write about

I stopped reading comic books after how wack Black Panther was.

Coates doesn't seem to subscribe to radical feminism, but, it seemed like it bothered him to make T'Challa heroic.

He told Fan Bros (which I've had to stop listening to for the same liberal, we-are-the-world) something to the effect that King's aren't heroic or do heroic.

:dahell: Like, fam, it's a comic book. Make him a King and hero.

:lupe: Please direct me to that issue.

I'm buying Rise of Black Panther right now.