Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:jbhmm: you cats wanna know something I realized on the way home?

DC Comics old office address was 666 Fifth Avenue, right. NerdLore.

But

Wikipedia" said:
Number of the Beast
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For other uses, see Number of the Beast (disambiguation).
"Mark of the Beast" redirects here. For other uses, see Mark of the Beast (disambiguation).

The number of the beast is 666 by William Blake.
The Number of the Beast (Greek: Ἀριθμὸς τοῦ θηρίου, Arithmos tou Thēriou) is a term in the Book of Revelation, of the New Testament, that is associated with the Beast of Revelation in chapter 13.[1] In most manuscripts of the New Testament and in English translations of the Bible, the number of the beast is 666. Papyrus 115 (which is the oldest preserved manuscript of the Revelation as of 2017), as well as other ancient sources like Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus, give the Number of the Beast as 616 (χιϛ), not 666;[2][3] critical editions of the Greek text, such as the Novum Testamentum Graece, note 616 as a variant.[4]

Why else would Marvel name their main universe "616" :mjlol:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Not to be that guy who keeps on asking questions, but why is Marvel so obsessed with this trash ass LGBT Dora Milaje duo when Shuri, the most popular female character in Black Panther and rebirthed MCU national treasure, can't sniff a solo, mini, or one-off special?

How come instead of a Shuri, Nakia, Okoye mini... they're instead pairing Okoye with the dyke Doras to run a hit piece on Nakia to prop up Storm, with no Shuri in sight?

I want an honest option from the coli comic congregation :patrice:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Not to be that guy who keeps on asking questions, but why is Marvel so obsessed with this trash ass LGBT Dora Milaje duo when Shuri, the most popular female character in Black Panther and rebirthed MCU national treasure, can't sniff a solo, mini, or one-off special?

How come instead of a Shuri, Nakia, Okoye mini... they're instead pairing Okoye with the dyke Doras to run a hit piece on Nakia to prop up Storm, with no Shuri in sight?

I want an honest option from the coli comic congregation :patrice:
everyone needs representation brother.
even when you dont agree.
:francis:

we bout to get our first Muslim female hero a flik soon!
:banderas:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
everyone needs representation brother.
even when you dont agree.
:francis:

we bout to get our first Muslim female hero a flik soon!
:banderas:

Shuri needs representation too :to:

Heterosexual black female lives matter

This isn't the first time the dyke duo had a chance. Remember World of Wakanda? No? Don't worry, because no one else did either :picard:

How many chances these Doras gon get before the GOAT Disney Princess gets a reup? Why they gotta come for Nakia's neck in the meantime?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
How come in the movie, Coogler, Lupita, Okoye specifically talk about not wanting black female dysfunction in their story... but Marvel hires a black female writer who wants nothing but black female dysfunction in this Dora story?

How come Bendis jacked the idea of MCU Shuri and called her Riri? dikk move Bendis!

So many questions!

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Shuri needs representation too :to:

Heterosexual black female lives matter

This isn't the first time the dyke duo had a chance. Remember World of Wakanda? No? Don't worry, because no one else did either :picard:

How many chances these Doras gon get before the GOAT Disney Princess gets a reup? Why they gotta come for Nakia's neck in the meantime?
yeah i remember that shyt.
i think i was in this thread saying "what the fukk is MARVEL doing right now with these two?"
:deadmanny:

is what it is.

shyt actually got a lil better towards the end imo

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel Unlimited is only $0.02 for the first month today :ohhh:

Good thing I waited a few days before signing up. :whew:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:francis: So Marvel went all in on The Inhumans to replace the X-Men, shyt didn't work, they paid and got Mutants back, now they're killing the inhumans.

:francis: okay.

But..... the petty shyt is they're using a dude that looks like Black Bolt from Earth X to do it. Oh, the irony.
RCO012.jpg

latest

Y'all ain't shyt, Marvel. :mjlol:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
When did JL 2 drop? How did I miss it? :mindblown:

Was it revealed what was coming to Earth?
Still don't know what's coming to Earth but we got more of Lex assembling the Legion of Doom, John Stewart showed up and the comic took a turn into being the DC version of the movie Annihilation.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
:francis: So Marvel went all in on The Inhumans to replace the X-Men, shyt didn't work, they paid and got Mutants back, now they're killing the inhumans.

:francis: okay.

But..... the petty shyt is they're using a dude that looks like Black Bolt from Earth X to do it. Oh, the irony.
RCO012.jpg

latest

Y'all ain't shyt, Marvel. :mjlol:

Yeah idk why they couldn't just let 'em coexist. Let Black Bolt kill of GOAT Summers, breh :martin:

Inhumans dont even have a lot of interesting characters, so I was wondering how it was gonna hold up.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Is anyone else not feeling this new Avengers series?
Four issues in and I just don't give a damn about the Celestials coming back, I ate the team of Avengers that has been assembled and never liked the concept of the "Original Avengers" that Odin was a part of...it is just so blah in every way possible to me.
The only thing I am liking is Ed McGuinness on art.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
Man, that BatCat deal was some bullshyt. All these teasers, variants, extra comics for nothing. Fukking DC and its trickery.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Man, that BatCat deal was some bullshyt. All these teasers, variants, extra comics for nothing. Fukking DC and its trickery.
I actually liked how it ended (wasn't a big fan of the filler pages from all the different artists) because the idea that Batman needed his pain and anger to be an effective batman has been a seed that Tom King has been dropping all through this story and the final page surprise makes what comes next seem like it will be really good.