Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Bruce and Selina decide to get married on a rooftop at dawn; just them, a (drunken) judge and 2 witnesses. Selina breaks her bestie Holly Robinson out of Arkham to basically be her maid of honor and Bruce asks Alfred to stand with him in one of the most emotionally satisfying page of a comic book ever.
A7pIHjE.jpg

Selina decides to stand Bruce up at the alter because she believes (with a little unhelpful nudging by Holly) that if Bruce is happy he won't be able to be effective as Batman and an effective Batman is more important than her happiness.
hgbH5o9.jpg

The final page shows Holly returned to Arkham and heading down to the basement where she reports to the mastermind behind the wedding being called off: Bane...and he is surrounded by a grip of Batman's enemies that includes The Joker, Riddler, Hugo Strange, The Ventriquilist, Psycho Pirate, Gotham Girl and most shocking of all, the Flashpoint Thomas Wayne Batman!
jmlNk4H.jpg

And best of all as far as I'm concerned is that Porky's bar from the Elmer Fudd/Batman Special exists (complete with stuttering humanoid Porky as it's owner/bartender) in regular DCU continuity which means the grim and gritty Elmer Fudd, Bounty Hunter can pop up in any DC comic.
Much thanks for the write up. Only thing I'm interested in is

Flashpoint Batman's involvement, if it is him. :skip:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I have really never been a big Doctor Strange fan but I am enjoying his new book. Having strange traipsing all over the galaxy picking up alien magic tips is much cooler than I ever thought it could be.

I am undecided on Ta-Nehisi Coates' Captain America. I think I am going to give it this first arc and if it doesn't grab me then I'm gonna drop it.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Bruce and Selina decide to get married on a rooftop at dawn; just them, a (drunken) judge and 2 witnesses. Selina breaks her bestie Holly Robinson out of Arkham to basically be her maid of honor and Bruce asks Alfred to stand with him in one of the most emotionally satisfying page of a comic book ever.
A7pIHjE.jpg

Selina decides to stand Bruce up at the alter because she believes (with a little unhelpful nudging by Holly) that if Bruce is happy he won't be able to be effective as Batman and an effective Batman is more important than her happiness.
hgbH5o9.jpg

The final page shows Holly returned to Arkham and heading down to the basement where she reports to the mastermind behind the wedding being called off: Bane...and he is surrounded by a grip of Batman's enemies that includes The Joker, Riddler, Hugo Strange, The Ventriquilist, Psycho Pirate, Gotham Girl and most shocking of all, the Flashpoint Thomas Wayne Batman!
jmlNk4H.jpg

And best of all as far as I'm concerned is that Porky's bar from the Elmer Fudd/Batman Special exists (complete with stuttering humanoid Porky as it's owner/bartender) in regular DCU continuity which means the grim and gritty Elmer Fudd, Bounty Hunter can pop up in any DC comic.
My god. Bane is trying to kill this man.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It's weird though....

:patrice: I thought the Inhumans were gonna show up on Agents of shield
:jbhmm: And The Eternals were getting a movie or somesuch

I dunno if you watch wrestling but i swear Marvel be reminding me of WWE backstage fukkery with their nonsensical shyt. I watched from '99 to '09 and lurked in TSC for a bit after, and i swear that the shyt they be complainin about is the same shyt i be seeing if not thinking myself with this comic shyt :russ:

The wrong characters jobbin for the wrong reasons

Major pushes for characters being derailed if not sabotaged

Nonsensical creative decisions

Bendis clearly being HHH with how he plays "the game"

And a whole lot of :mjpls:

I swear its the same shyt

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The way hes running through the inhumans makes me think this is a what if story. It's much easier to put characters on the shelf than it is to kill them off.
I was with the story until the last 2 deaths. Then i was like... :patrice:

Feels like a swerve is coming or like you say it's a what if story.

In fact, probably has to be the latter unless they're about to introduce some duex ex machina/time stone shyt

Or the pettiness is just that damn real :wow:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
A7pIHjE.jpg

hgbH5o9.jpg

jmlNk4H.jpg

:gucci::ohhh::what::why::gladbron::mjcry::wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:damn: what the hell kind of demonic congregation is going on with that last page!?

Bane
Thomas Wayne looks like it!?!?
The Riddler+The Joker?
Gotham Girl!?
Hugo Strange!?
Psycho-Pirate!?
fukking Skeets!?!???

Bane been doing this shyt all the time!???!?

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:
That last page is insane for all kinds of reasons. Also, I had no idea how much people hated King until I looked up some reactions online. Nerds hate this man like he been fukking and slapping up their moms.:picard:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do they really hate King or just his Batman run?

I've never seen a bad word said about his work on Vision, Mister Miracle, Grayson, or The Omega Men.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I dunno if you watch wrestling but i swear Marvel be reminding me of WWE backstage fukkery with their nonsensical shyt. I watched from '99 to '09 and lurked in TSC for a bit after, and i swear that the shyt they be complainin about is the same shyt i be seeing if not thinking myself with this comic shyt :russ:

The wrong characters jobbin for the wrong reasons

Major pushes for characters being derailed if not sabotaged

Nonsensical creative decisions

Bendis clearly being HHH with how he plays "the game"

And a whole lot of :mjpls:

I swear its the same shyt

:mjlol: I've been saying it since they started giving Carol the Roman Reigns treatment. But really it's been like that since Bendis started ignoring past storylines and pushing folks like The Hood.

Bendis/Brevroot = Kevin Dunn/Vince McMahon.