Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, that BatCat deal was some bullshyt. All these teasers, variants, extra comics for nothing. Fukking DC and its trickery.

The good thing about it is I can finally drop this fukking book :camby:

Especially after hearing what they did to Booster Gold. :snoop:

I actually liked how it ended (wasn't a big fan of the filler pages from all the different artists) because the idea that Batman needed his pain and anger to be an effective batman has been a seed that Tom King has been dropping all through this story and the final page surprise makes what comes next seem like it will be really good.

Which is bullshyt, and the same dumbass reason they vetoed the Batwoman wedding a few years back.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
I actually liked how it ended (wasn't a big fan of the filler pages from all the different artists) because the idea that Batman needed his pain and anger to be an effective batman has been a seed that Tom King has been dropping all through this story and the final page surprise makes what comes next seem like it will be really good.

For me that was some lazy shyt. For once they teased an interesting change of dynamic but we have to come back to "Batman is a child in pain and should be alone but not really because he has his batfamily".

Let's just get to the three jokers part, at least that was something different.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Which is bullshyt, and the same dumbass reason they vetoed the Batwoman wedding a few years back.
For me that was some lazy shyt. For once they teased an interesting change of dynamic but we have to come back to "Batman is a child in pain and should be alone but not really because he has his batfamily".

Let's just get to the three jokers part, at least that was something different.
Maybe it's because I never bought into this wedding as being all that big of a change to the status quo based on the way it was being presented.
The idea of Batman and Catwoman getting play married instead of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle getting hitched made me think the entire "marriage" aspect was some bullshyt to begin with so I never got invested in it.
Now if the story had been the logical step of Bruce being so in love with Selina that he was willing to come clean about his secret identity and marry her in front of the entire world, Superman and the government of the United States of America then I would have seen it as this major shift in Batman's status quo.

And I enjoyed the journey to issue #50 a lot so I am not all that bothered by how it ended.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Is batman #50 something worth going out and buying or not? Because no one seems to care about the time storm married tchala

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Inhumans (royal family)... Eternals (in general)...

I just see a buncha privledged white people who thought they were special:russell:

but then got that nygga wake-up call:lolbron:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Is anyone else not feeling this new Avengers series?
Four issues in and I just don't give a damn about the Celestials coming back, I ate the team of Avengers that has been assembled and never liked the concept of the "Original Avengers" that Odin was a part of...it is just so blah in every way possible to me.
The only thing I am liking is Ed McGuinness on art.

yeah no thank you.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Inhumans (royal family)... Eternals (in general)...

I just see a buncha privledged white people who thought they were special:russell:

but then got that nygga wake-up call:lolbron:

It's weird though....

:patrice: I thought the Inhumans were gonna show up on Agents of shield
:jbhmm: And The Eternals were getting a movie or somesuch

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Death of the Inhumans #1:mjlol:

Damn yall were right, Marvel petty as hell

Granted that Ike jew Perlmutter fukkboy is a grade A quality fukkboy, but lol @ sticking it to a Disney exec by burning all his toys he forced you to play with back when he cared

The way hes running through the inhumans makes me think this is a what if story. It's much easier to put characters on the shelf than it is to kill them off.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
SOMEONE DROP SPOILERS FOR BATMAN 50. :feedme:
Bruce and Selina decide to get married on a rooftop at dawn; just them, a (drunken) judge and 2 witnesses. Selina breaks her bestie Holly Robinson out of Arkham to basically be her maid of honor and Bruce asks Alfred to stand with him in one of the most emotionally satisfying page of a comic book ever.
A7pIHjE.jpg

Selina decides to stand Bruce up at the alter because she believes (with a little unhelpful nudging by Holly) that if Bruce is happy he won't be able to be effective as Batman and an effective Batman is more important than her happiness.
hgbH5o9.jpg

The final page shows Holly returned to Arkham and heading down to the basement where she reports to the mastermind behind the wedding being called off: Bane...and he is surrounded by a grip of Batman's enemies that includes The Joker, Riddler, Hugo Strange, The Ventriquilist, Psycho Pirate, Gotham Girl and most shocking of all, the Flashpoint Thomas Wayne Batman!
jmlNk4H.jpg

And best of all as far as I'm concerned is that Porky's bar from the Elmer Fudd/Batman Special exists (complete with stuttering humanoid Porky as it's owner/bartender) in regular DCU continuity which means the grim and gritty Elmer Fudd, Bounty Hunter can pop up in any DC comic.