Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Bendis was ridiculous with how desperate he was to make The Hood happen.
And it wasn't even his own creation which is why the push was so bizarre. Brian K. Vaughan created the character and he didn't seem to be as in love with him as Bendis was.

My only beef with Bendis was him making Count Nefaria get beat down by the street based New Avengers and the originals 5 X-Men nonsense.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, after the marriage issue reveal it takes a whole different twist, but it's a super fukked storyline.
Just read it. Twisted stuff. Not sure what to make of it. I'll hold judgment until I see how all of this plays out. I honestly only read it because I love Booster Gold, because I haven't been a fan of King's Batman run.

Skeets (or some version of him) apparently working with Bane makes me think (and hope) that wasn't the real Booster. Booster is a well-meaning goof. He's not a borderline retarded psychopath or sociopath like this guy was written to be.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Marvel's synopsis:

BACK FROM THE DEAD…SORT OF…MAYBE? A handful of people’s favorite X-Man – Jamie Madrox – was alive for a while. Then he was dead. Now he’s not. But he will be again if he doesn’t kill himself trying to make sure he doesn’t die. It makes sense when you read it. Trust us. In his fight to not die, Jamie has stumbled across a threat even greater than his own death, but fixing it might make it worse. Can he save the world from himself? On top of all that, the X-Men are mad at him now, and a mysterious new group of foes is after him, too. We can’t tell you who they are, but they’re pretty great.
I'm not into Jamie..need Monet back full time..Nate Grey too and after Gifted, Polaris should be pushed real fukking hard. Get her back to being political like in 03.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Just read it. Twisted stuff. Not sure what to make of it. I'll hold judgment until I see how all of this plays out. I honestly only read it because I love Booster Gold, because I haven't been a fan of King's Batman run.

Skeets (or some version of him) apparently working with Bane makes me think (and hope) that wasn't the real Booster. Booster is a well-meaning goof. He's not a borderline retarded psychopath or sociopath like this guy was written to be.
not to mention
in a recent action comics story superman was about to fukk with the timelines and booster showed up like :whoa:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Ya remember that weird era whenMarvel had that strange period of Shuri being Black Panther, Spider Man getting mutilated n killed by a villain, Black Panther being Hell Kitchen’s protector, Cable/Rogue/Sabretooth were X-Men and took on a group of Mexican mutants from the future?

This all came back to my memory after digging in old comics in Books A Million.

:russ:
They still got books a million? :pachaha: All the ones round my way got cancelled.

I like shuri as BP, she was on some gangsta shyt

and I always wanted to read the BP in hells kitchen arc. I think it was right after "Shadowland" when Matt Murdock had been running the hand for a minute and went all the way outta pocket

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The Immortal Hulk is giving us some legendary puff. Hopefully Ewing can keep it up.

Bendis' Man Of Steel mini was really just him getting rid of all the Superman stuff he didn't want to bother with in his ongoing book. Wrote of Kandor, Lois, Jon and Kara in a mere six weeks.:francis:

That's one of the prime reasons I much more enjoy something like King's Batman run because he sticks to the roots instead of shytting on everything that people did before him while adding a whole bunch of extra shyt to leave his "mark".