Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm really enjoying X-Men Grand Design. I wasn't feeling the art at first and I didn't like some of the retcon's but looking back it's been a fun read. :pachaha:
I love everything about this book down to the yellow pages. It’s the vintage comic book series I never got to collect having not grown up in the era, but it’s done with such care and attention it doesn’t feel like cheap retconning as you said.

This and Immortal Hulk are my favorite books right now. Marvels been killing it this year

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
got Bishop, Cloak, and All-New Wolverine MARVEL Legends jammies!
giphy.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Immortal Hulk was fukking great. Again.

I binge read Loki: Agent of Asgard last night. Al Ewing basically wrote Loki as The Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith Doctor Who). Loved it FAR more than I thought I would, That whole section of his history, from Kid Loki to "One Direction" Loki and his motivation (he doesn't want to be a villain or be seen as one. But he's the God of Mischief/Lies so.....) and people's reaction to him.... yeah it's all well written and very tragic. The inclusion of his best friend Verity (who can't be lied to) was perfect and refreshing. His companion. Shame it ended when Secret Wars started. Highly recommend it for folks into timey wimey complicated plots.

Asgardians of the Galaxy was great, too. Valkyrie, Angela, Thunderstrike (not sure if it's Masterson), The Destoryer Armor, Skurge the Executioner, And that Thor Frog out in space. Hella entertaining. :gladbron:
The Destroyer Armor was revealed to have Kid Loki in it!!!!

Currently binge reading Noble from Lion's Gate. It's.... okay. Art's cool. Story's cool. It's nowhere near bad. I'm prolly gonna binge The Incidentals later.
That is Eric Masterson's son as Thunderstrike in Asgardians of the Galaxy.
And I agree it was a really good book. That last page reveal had me like :tysonsmile2:

Masenko

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Yo, new to comics here. Started X-Men over a month ago with Uncanny X-Men #1 and also read First Class and Season One. Up to like #114. Drained but I'mma keep it going like Daylyt. :deadmanny:

Anyway a question I've been meaning ask is, why is Dr. Doom the biggest bad ass villain in Marvel and not Magneto? Genuinely curious as I see a lot more brehs excited about him entering the MCU while I feel Magneto is more iconic.:jbhmm:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
jm7WPAz.jpg

had to put my son on to game this morning. came thru saw the shyt in the living room like "who dis???!!!"
:meloohhh:

im like yo its Bishop you fukkin dookie head!
:birdman:

i got him Howard the Duck FUNKO
he's feeling that shyt.
told him we should watch the movie this afternoon my girl hit me with the...
:what:

:pachaha:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yo, new to comics here. Started X-Men over a month ago with Uncanny X-Men #1 and also read First Class and Season One. Up to like #114. Drained but I'mma keep it going like Daylyt. :deadmanny:

Anyway a question I've been meaning ask is, why is Dr. Doom the biggest bad ass villain in Marvel and not Magneto? Genuinely curious as I see a lot more brehs excited about him entering the MCU while I feel Magneto is more iconic.:jbhmm:
It's mainly because Dr. Doom is seen as a villain for the entire Marvel Universe even though his primary enemies are the Fantastic Four while Magneto tends to just be an X-Men villain.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Technically mainstream wise, Magneto is the best selling marvel villain in history. A Magneto story is the most bought comic ever. Doom is used by multiple writers because his focus is on world conquering while Magneto is really all about mutant survival above everything. Marvel is real slick and wont let Doom or Magneto look utterly above each other. They always do a cycle.

Last edited: