Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and they just ran that shyt back like it didnt happen. pissed me off

Yeah, that pissed me off too. Suicidal Thor was probably the most interesting he'd been in a while, and it gave a really good close to a storyline that even now doesn't make a ton of sense (Thor is unworthy because of........self-doubt and existential dread? fukk outta here, b).

AND bytch ass Bendis rode the Hickman wave off making Doom more of a legit anti-hero.

Low key, Bendis might need to break off some of that DC money to Hickman, now that I think about it :wow:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
That final battle Hickman’s “Infinity” of Thanos, Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive vs Cap, Hyperion, Hulk, n Captain Marvel was a highly underrated moment. Thanos vs Thor was sum next level shyt! Thor put Mjolnir right in Thanos jaw!!!!!! Captain Marvel had a nice showing on Thanos.....Corvus Glave gettin killed by Hyperion was great.

Thanos slapping The Hulk damn near a hundred miles was crazy!!

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I've been really liking the new runs of Justice Leauge and Avengers. :banderas: at the sheer absurdity of what is going on in them.

Also i was liking the Old Man Logan vs Bullseye stuff,but it ended pretty lame. I thought there would be more to it.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
1cf.jpg

man, listen :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That “Times Run Out” precursor to Secret Wars was GANGSTA:

*Illuminati on the run AND tryna still tryna stop the end of the multiverse

*Old Man Cap and SHIELD and his team of Avengers hunting down the Illuminati

* The Cabal (Thanos/Black Order n Namor) committing MASS genocide in random universes to stop the incursions

*Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange, and Molecule Man going to take on The Beyonders

*Thor and Hyperion going to the end of the universe and fighting n being killed by The Beyonders.

*Sunspot and Cannonball having their own team of Avengers wit mostly street heroes

The big rumor was that Hickman was gonna flesh all of this out but BENDIS was hoggin tha characters, so he had to do the “short end/time jump” version.

It's pretty crazy he did all that shyt and tied it up pretty damn nicely (for most people at least, myself included). shyt was like a 5 season TV show.

Time Runs Out through Secret Wars might be my favorite run in comics. Absolute greatness.

The bolded though.........my goodness.

When Thor goes to use the hammer of Thorr, and can't because he's not unworthy enough, and just laughs..........:wow:

I promise you meetings between Hickman and Marvel editorial gotta look like

tenor.gif

edit: I prolly look like that to a lotta you guys. :mjcry:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
The fact that this was ONLY for his FF run....

and every story he had tied into everything else :mjcry: It's beautiful.

Him and Mike Carey need to be teaching long term plotting/writing courses. :wow:
Hickman's shyt is always convoluted with subplots and weird storytelling through exposition

but the payoff :wow:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm really enjoying X-Men Grand Design. I wasn't feeling the art at first and I didn't like some of the retcon's but looking back it's been a fun read. :pachaha:

VERY fun. SO much fukkery fun.

Rogue putting Carol cow ass in a coma

Storm putting the beats on Dr. Doom cause he didn't know she was claustrophobic (Black Panther: :dwillhuh: ororo!?")

The look of carol's "soul" (looks just like I always imagined)

Charles hitting Kitty Pryde with the ":gucci: what the fukk are you wearing!?"