Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Series is still on-going?

Yup. The current story with Ben and Johnny finishes up next month with #10

Issue #11 is Ben & Reed and at some point it seems like it will be random team ups instead of the FF, not sure how long Zdarsky will be in charge of that book but the last I read of him he seemed to be planning for at least 5-6 more issues.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I hope the Hickman X-men rumor is true. My favorite Marvel team needs it :mjcry:

Marvel needs it. Hickman was their best writer and now that that petty bytch Bendis is gone they should bring Hickman back, and give him the keys.

Like you know what movie would be great for the next stage (and would let them cash in on RDJ if they don't kill iron man in the next Avengers) Illuminati. Gotta build that brand though, and Hickman could do it.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
In the last 3 years Hickman's popularity has risen too. His Avengers/New Avengers + Secret Wars run gotten a ton of love and is seen as the last good big thing Marvel has done. If he returns, that book is probably gonna sell big.

That “Times Run Out” precursor to Secret Wars was GANGSTA:

*Illuminati on the run AND tryna still tryna stop the end of the multiverse

*Old Man Cap and SHIELD and his team of Avengers hunting down the Illuminati

* The Cabal (Thanos/Black Order n Namor) committing MASS genocide in random universes to stop the incursions

*Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange, and Molecule Man going to take on The Beyonders

*Thor and Hyperion going to the end of the universe and fighting n being killed by The Beyonders.

*Sunspot and Cannonball having their own team of Avengers wit mostly street heroes

The big rumor was that Hickman was gonna flesh all of this out but BENDIS was hoggin tha characters, so he had to do the “short end/time jump” version.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

* The Cabal (Thanos/Black Order n Namor) committing MASS genocide in random universes to stop the incursions

*Thor and Hyperion going to the end of the universe and fighting n being killed by The Beyonders.

*Sunspot and Cannonball having their own team of Avengers wit mostly street heroes

The big rumor was that Hickman was gonna flesh all of this out but BENDIS was hoggin tha characters, so he had to do the “short end/time jump” version.

It's pretty crazy he did all that shyt and tied it up pretty damn nicely (for most people at least, myself included). shyt was like a 5 season TV show.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Time Runs Out through Secret Wars might be my favorite run in comics. Absolute greatness.

The bolded though.........my goodness.

When Thor goes to use the hammer of Thorr, and can't because he's not unworthy enough, and just laughs..........:wow:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Time Runs Out through Secret Wars might be my favorite run in comics. Absolute greatness.

When Thor goes to use the hammer of Thorr, and can't because he's not unworthy enough, and just laughs..........:wow:

and they just ran that shyt back like it didnt happen. pissed me off

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

You can tell Hickman has a high iq for the cinematic. That Thor/Hyperion moment is tailor made for the big screen theater crowd to lose they shyt watching. As powerful a send off as you can give a character in a penultimate chapter.

and they just ran that shyt back like it didnt happen. pissed me off
Thinking back to it, a number of them Marvel writers came across like dumb if not spiteful bytches with some of the idiocy they were pulling during and after Hickman's tenure.

Aaron made Thor unworthy for shyts n giggles but could never explain why. Hickman was doing him the fans a favor with how he wrapped up that plotline nicely.

And i'd like to know what the behind the scenes story was behind Namor. All that trouble to have him not be killed by BP... only for him to be killed by Doom (as an afterthought) and by Hyperion in a plotline that the rest of the MU ignored.

I want the documentary on the Hickman fukkery during his Marvel tenure

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
You can tell Hickman has a high iq for the cinematic. That Thor/Hyperion moment is tailor made for the big screen theater crowd to lose they shyt watching. As powerful a send off as you can give a character in a penultimate chapter.

Thinking back to it, a number of them Marvel writers came across like dumb if not spiteful bytches with some of the idiocy they were pulling during and after Hickman's tenure.

Aaron made Thor unworthy for shyts n giggles but could never explain why. Hickman was doing him the fans a favor with how he wrapped up that plotline nicely.

And i'd like to know what the behind the scenes story was behind Namor. All that trouble to have him not be killed by BP... only for him to be killed by Doom (as an afterthought) and by Hyperion in a plotline that the rest of the MU ignored.

I want the documentary on the Hickman fukkery during his Marvel tenure

That Thor and Hyperion scene :wow:

But yeah I think some of the writers were probably hating hard on Hickman

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It took 12 issues but Runaways finally brought back the only character besides Molly and Old Lace I ever really cared about on this team.