Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Dr. Doom
You've also got some big plans for Doctor Doom in 2019. When you inherited Victor he was in an interesting spot thanks to some great work by writers like Bendis and Chip Zdarsky. So, what can you tell us about your plans for Doom?

Victor von Doom is one of my favorite characters. I actually like him more than the FF! [laughs] He's one of the all-time great -- I'm not going to say villain -- adversaries. Over in Infamous, Brian showed Doom trying his best to be a hero. Then Brian was incredibly cruel to him at the end. So, we're picking up the pieces from there. And in FF #1 we showed that, in his own way, Doom is still heroic. He's just a hero for his people in Latveria.
So, his heart will be in the right place and he's still going to try to be heroic by his own rules.

That sounds like classic Doom since he's always sort of saw himself as as the hero of his own story.

Yes, but I think if you asked any citizen on the streets of Latveria who their favorite hero is, they'll tell you it's Doom. And it's not because someone is holding a gun to their head.

Right, at the end of Fantastic Four #1 you established that he liberated their country from an oppressive dictator.

Yes, so he is very much the people's hero and their beloved leader. He doesn't need to use any propaganda. People on the street honestly believe that.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are the best X-Book runs over the last 4-5 years?

X-Men was a series I always avoided because I thought it was too daunting and convoluted, but X-Men Red was the first X-Book I had read in about 7-8 years, and I loved it. And Uncanny has a little bit of wonkyness, but I've been enjoying it so far. So I'm kind of on an X-Men kick right now.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
What are the best X-Book runs over the last 4-5 years?

X-Men was a series I always avoided because I thought it was too daunting and convoluted, but X-Men Red was the first X-Book I had read in about 7-8 years, and I loved it. And Uncanny has a little bit of wonkyness, but I've been enjoying it so far. So I'm kind of on an X-Men kick right now.
The Magneto series
X Force
Gillen Uncanny X Men

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
apJP73Z.jpg

axAezAH.jpg

tzpXNDj.jpg

hQrEBHo.jpg

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Breh, Justice League is absolute fire. They are bringing in a ton of multiversal, cosmic shenanigans.

Still waiting on Doomsday Clock, that stuff is just magnificent.

Someone recommend me a good Marvel comic because they are all trash right now. I was hyped for the return of Sentry and Nate Grey in Uncanny but am left disappointed. How is Nate dying, again, when the entire reason he got that X on his chest was to prevent his body from overloading on his power? Infinity Wars was trash except for Adam Warlock returning. Iron Man's series is aight. I want to follow up on Thor but the art is cancer.
I'd recommed Donny Cates Venom as well that and Immotal Hulk have been my favoritre marvel books

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much of One More Day does Spider-Man remember?

Does he remember all of it or is it vague enough where he remembers the event but doesn't remember any of the details, like Barry Allen remembers the Flashpoint?

@MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How much of One More Day does Spider-Man remember?

Does he remember all of it or is it vague enough where he remembers the event but doesn't remember any of the details, like Barry Allen remembers the Flashpoint?

@MartyMcFly

Doesn’t remember any of it. Peep OMIT, one moment in time. They made it so the deal rewrote everything of their lives, including making the deal in the first place. So as far as peter is concerned, it never happened. He and MJ were a couple for a long time, lived together, went through all the same stuff, and then broke up

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn’t remember any of it. Peep OMIT, one moment in time. They made it so the deal rewrote everything of their lives, including making the deal in the first place. So as far as peter is concerned, it never happened. He and MJ were a couple for a long time, lived together, went through all the same stuff, and then broke up

I ask because in issue 9 or 10 of the current Nick Spencer run Black Cat laments that she remembers their relationship, but can't remember his identity. And Peter alludes to a deal he made so people would forget.

Unless that's a reference to something else entirely, he'd have to have some recollection of the event.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I ask because in issue 9 or 10 of the current Nick Spencer run Black Cat laments that she remembers their relationship, but can't remember his identity. And Peter alludes to a deal he made so people would forget.

Unless that's a reference to something else entirely, he'd have to have some recollection of the event.

He and doc strange worked up a spell where everyone would forget his ID. Only when he shows them who he really is, then all their memories come back and the spell is broken.

That’s a really good issue. shyt got me in my feels a couple times