Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Superman with third hammer and caps shield.
I was gonna mention that cover.

c0de7d20766cbe349f51f19e31cf9db2--thors-hammer-marvel-vs.jpg

:whew:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I bought over a hundred in books trying to catch up. Asking the comic brehs for help. I took a minute off. I got Wolverine dumb shyt.

-When did Jean & Nightcrawler come back?
-When did Bishop come back in?
-Is Cyclops dead now?

I'm reading Uncanny X-Men 4 & Infinity Wars & realize I gotta catch up on more. Gotta make sure I get the right books

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Didnt like FREEDOM FIGHTERS #1. Honestly once i saw Jesse Owens leadimg the resistance I got upset. Hitler didnt snub him during the Olympics. FDR did; he only invited white atlhletes to the White House. To make Jesse do this, and have a whole panel of him pledging allegiance to the flag was bullshyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Didnt like FREEDOM FIGHTERS #1. Honestly once i saw Jesse Owens leadimg the resistance I got upset. Hitler didnt snub him during the Olympics. FDR did; he only invited white atlhletes to the White House. To make Jesse do this, and have a whole panel of him pledging allegiance to the flag was bullshyt.
FDR was a racist piece of shyt.
I still enjoyed FF #1 though.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesse said this about John Carlos and Tommy Smith
These kids are imbued with the idea that there's a great deal of injustice in our nation. In their own way, they were trying to bring out what is wrong in our country. I told them that the problem certainly belonged in the continental borders of America. This was the wrong battlefield. Their running performances would have done more to alleviate the problem. Rather than the disrespect they showed to our flag and the discourtesy shown to the Mexican Government."

I think it's safe to say that Jesse pledge to allegiance

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Jesse said this about John Carlos and Tommy Smith
These kids are imbued with the idea that there's a great deal of injustice in our nation. In their own way, they were trying to bring out what is wrong in our country. I told them that the problem certainly belonged in the continental borders of America. This was the wrong battlefield. Their running performances would have done more to alleviate the problem. Rather than the disrespect they showed to our flag and the discourtesy shown to the Mexican Government."

I think it's safe to say that Jesse pledge to allegiance
Not the point. The purpose of the issue is to make Owens the enemy of the Nazis when he was more the enemy of his own president. This perpetuates the myth hitler was against him, which isnt true. It's stupid.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I bought over a hundred in books trying to catch up. Asking the comic brehs for help. I took a minute off. I got Wolverine dumb shyt.

-When did Jean & Nightcrawler come back?
-When did Bishop come back in?
-Is Cyclops dead now?

I'm reading Uncanny X-Men 4 & Infinity Wars & realize I gotta catch up on more. Gotta make sure I get the right books
Jean came back in 2017. Nightcrawler has been back since like 2014 or 2015. Cyclops is alive again but nobody knows yet except a young Cable.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Jean came back in 2017. Nightcrawler has been back since like 2014 or 2015. Cyclops is alive again but nobody knows yet except a young Cable.
Really? I have some books, think it's X-Men blue 2018 & they're dead. I'm just reading Disassembled & trying to figure out what I'm missing. Nate Grey & Legion on fukkery. I was trying to not read all their bios to answer this shyt but I'm going to just Google this. You just reminded me Cyclops.

I got Panther/Deadpool, Old Man Logan/Deadpool, Rebirth of Wolverine, Spiderverse, Superior, Infinity Wars. Panther, Moon Knight, Venom, Carnage. A few things from DC, gonna check out Batman who Laughs.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not the point. The purpose of the issue is to make Owens the enemy of the Nazis when he was more the enemy of his own president. This perpetuates the myth hitler was against him, which isnt true. It's stupid.
My reply was to how you felt the pledge to allegiance was out of character.
The comic is an alternate timeline where Nazis have taken over America. Despite how he felt about FDR, he seemed like he was still patriotic.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Bishop and Jean bout to become a couple in this Age of X-Man stuff eh?

I hope he don't end up dead like Rhodey did after messin with his own cosmic becky :mjpls:

Honestly I want Scott to come back and just shrug her being with someone else. Same with that crazy ass Emma frost. In fact he should have a no psychics diet and go back to chasing Colleen Wing