Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
George Perez and Kurt Busiek run on Avengers was like a class on Marvel history. They touched EVERY single corner of the Marvel Universe: Streets, Outer Space, Global and inter dimensional. They didn’t have characters acting outta character, it was action packed, used rotating teams, lots of drama, GREAT USAGE OF TOP TIER VILLAINS. I know it’s out of tha question....is like to see them on Avengers one more time. It was a very fun run all the way through.
I always wanted Busiek and Perez to get an extended run on Justice League. Now it will never happen. I guess the closest we would ever get is if DC gave Busiek the Justice League book and then assigned Phil Jiminez as the book's artist.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Damn, after like 20-30 years, they finally gave Cloak some balls.

He done checked Dagger, bushed her, and now she runnin back talkin bout i want you back, i miss you, i need you :mjcry:
Them having their big romantic reunion while Cloak's new girl is sleeping on the couch had me like :russ:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
GOTG was all right.
I like what Cates has set up with the book and the main crew that forms by the end of the issue is an interesting mix of cosmic characters.

I am curious what is up with everyone at Marvel who has written him recently making Starfox into this Machiavellian cold-hearted douchebag though.
Last i saw of dude he was all about getting p*ssy. Now he is plotting murder on massive scales and acting just as shady as his brother.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Bruh, I am trying to get the nuance of your statement but I keep coming back to you seeming to be mad that the Jesse Owens of Earth X is fighting Hitler instead of FDR. That is a silly thing to be bothered by.
And even if Hitler wasn't personally against Jesse Owens the individual, Hitler hated Owens for being an American and even more for being black.
Because people keep repeating this myth that Hitler snubbed Owens at the 36 Olympics. Even Owens said that wasnt true. It's rewriting history to make America look better than it was.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I like what Cates has set up with the book and the main crew that forms by the end of the issue is an interesting mix of cosmic characters.

I am curious what is up with everyone at Marvel who has written him recently making Starfox into this Machiavellian cold-hearted douchebag though.
Last i saw of dude he was all about getting p*ssy. Now he is plotting murder on massive scales and acting just as shady as his brother.
Starlin’s recent Thanos trilogy (2/3 released already) has Eros on his smart shyt. I guess they switched up his style so he won’t get MeToo’d. :mjpls:

Ima go ahead and say the rest of the crew was transported to the Negative Zone.

And dikkhead @Groot is probably gonna be a love/hate character for me. Why you change, breh? :why:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Guardians was pretty dope Donny Cates is probably my favorite writer at Marvel.
The team is going to be pretty dope as well great to see my boy Cosmic Ghost Rider again :ohlawd:
Immortal Hulk 12 ending was crazy as par the course with this series :wow:

The newest Justice League gives me DCAU vibes for real.

Batman 16 I'm liking where its going with the reveal at the end of the issue.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
copyOfFirstPage._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

LimpCluelessHarpyeagle-size_restricted.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Guardians was pretty dope Donny Cates is probably my favorite writer at Marvel.
The team is going to be pretty dope as well great to see my boy Cosmic Ghost Rider again :ohlawd:
Immortal Hulk 12 ending was crazy as par the course with this series :wow:

The newest Justice League gives me DCAU vibes for real.

Batman 16 I'm liking where its going with the reveal at the end of the issue.
I was bored with this Thanagar story in Justice League about 2 issues ago but the ending with Starman made up for what had been some lackluster storytelling.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Uncanny X-Men is not that bad.

I think there are way too many characters and some of the subplots fall flat, but the way it was being talked about in here I thought it was gonna be one of the worst books of the year.

To be fair I know very little about current X-Men. Red was the first X-book I followed in years, so maybe if you've been reading the whole time you might think it's retreading water.