Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Rob Liefeld Creating New X-Men Character

0xpakXo.jpg

I know my way around a good character design, it’s something I’m proud of,” Liefeld tells EW. “I made my name creating tons of characters. It was out of necessity: I had a book that needed a shot in the arm, so I gave it a shot in the arm and we changed the culture. But the opportunity to put a bunch of new X-Men toys in the sandbox does not lose its excitement.”

The reason that excitement hasn’t gone away is that Liefeld’s not done making new characters. EW can exclusively announce that Liefeld is writing a new Marvel comic miniseries called Major X. The series will be six issues shipping twice a month from April through June, and will focus on the arrival of the title character, a mutant warrior from another realm, into the Marvel Universe.

“To me the X-Men have always thrived on big ideas, crazy ideas. So I figured, let’s just go for it,” Liefeld says. “Major X introduces a new character who is certain to mix up everything in the X-world. He hails from another existence, which is called the ‘X-istence’ — a mutant Shangri-La, a safe haven that has been a realm where mutantkind has lived in peace and harmony. They escaped there following a tragedy that befell mutantkind, and built this community. There are some familiar faces that he has forged this other society with. But then a terrible event happens within the X-istence that causes Major X to cross over and land in the Marvel Universe that we know. But he doesn’t land in the spot he was hoping, so in the first issue he is in 1991. We progressively get him where he needs to go. By the conclusion of the story, we catch up to modern-day Marvel.”

Not much else is known about Major X right now, since his identity is a mystery and his costume shrouds all features in a motorcyle-like outfit draped by big X symbols. Liefeld loves mysteries, and sees them as integral to the mythology of the X-Men.

I love motorcycle helmets. I love helmets and masks that obscure identity and create mystery. The X-Men franchise I understood as a kid was built on mystery,” Liefeld says.

https://ew.com/

:welpkid:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Rob Liefeld Creating New X-Men Character

0xpakXo.jpg

I know my way around a good character design, it’s something I’m proud of,” Liefeld tells EW. “I made my name creating tons of characters. It was out of necessity: I had a book that needed a shot in the arm, so I gave it a shot in the arm and we changed the culture. But the opportunity to put a bunch of new X-Men toys in the sandbox does not lose its excitement.”

The reason that excitement hasn’t gone away is that Liefeld’s not done making new characters. EW can exclusively announce that Liefeld is writing a new Marvel comic miniseries called Major X. The series will be six issues shipping twice a month from April through June, and will focus on the arrival of the title character, a mutant warrior from another realm, into the Marvel Universe.

“To me the X-Men have always thrived on big ideas, crazy ideas. So I figured, let’s just go for it,” Liefeld says. “Major X introduces a new character who is certain to mix up everything in the X-world. He hails from another existence, which is called the ‘X-istence’ — a mutant Shangri-La, a safe haven that has been a realm where mutantkind has lived in peace and harmony. They escaped there following a tragedy that befell mutantkind, and built this community. There are some familiar faces that he has forged this other society with. But then a terrible event happens within the X-istence that causes Major X to cross over and land in the Marvel Universe that we know. But he doesn’t land in the spot he was hoping, so in the first issue he is in 1991. We progressively get him where he needs to go. By the conclusion of the story, we catch up to modern-day Marvel.”

Not much else is known about Major X right now, since his identity is a mystery and his costume shrouds all features in a motorcyle-like outfit draped by big X symbols. Liefeld loves mysteries, and sees them as integral to the mythology of the X-Men.

I love motorcycle helmets. I love helmets and masks that obscure identity and create mystery. The X-Men franchise I understood as a kid was built on mystery,” Liefeld says.

https://ew.com/

:welpkid:
The character design is alright, but i'm kinda digging the synopsis of the story.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Michael Avon Oeming Doing a dikk Tracy Comic

rqdxsaN.jpg

Michael Avon Oeming is writing and drawing a new dikk Tracy title for IDW Publishing beginning this April. Titled dikk Tracy Forever, this four-issue series brings the crime noir cartoonist to a character he has wanted to work on - and almost worked on over a decade ago - for the first time.

"Michael Avon Oeming's award-winning work in crime comics makes him the perfect creator to tackle one of the greatest crime-busters of all time,” says IDW Group Editor Denton Tipton. "I promise you'll never see dikk Tracy the same after reading this series… and I mean that in a good way, wisenheimer!"

Details on dikk Tracy Forever's plot are sparse, but the publisher frames this series as a proverbial Sisyphus, "pushing the law boulder up the hill as he struggles for reason and order in a world with none."

https://www.newsarama.com/43621-mike-oeming-finally-gets-his-dikk-tracy-title.html

Oeming is a great pick to do a Tracy book.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Can't believe that's still not luke's baby... :francis: like damn he aint kill a muthafukka over that???:what:

that has to be his, otherwise who the hell is the future captain america running around? this feels like the who is damian waynes father nonsense

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA

rqdxsaN.jpg

Michael Avon Oeming is writing and drawing a new dikk Tracy title for IDW Publishing beginning this April. Titled dikk Tracy Forever, this four-issue series brings the crime noir cartoonist to a character he has wanted to work on - and almost worked on over a decade ago - for the first time.

"Michael Avon Oeming's award-winning work in crime comics makes him the perfect creator to tackle one of the greatest crime-busters of all time,” says IDW Group Editor Denton Tipton. "I promise you'll never see dikk Tracy the same after reading this series… and I mean that in a good way, wisenheimer!"

Details on dikk Tracy Forever's plot are sparse, but the publisher frames this series as a proverbial Sisyphus, "pushing the law boulder up the hill as he struggles for reason and order in a world with none."

https://www.newsarama.com/43621-mike-oeming-finally-gets-his-dikk-tracy-title.html

my nikka lookin swagged out.

If dikk tracy, the spirit, batman, the phantom, and the shadow had a crossover that shyt would be dope...

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

rqdxsaN.jpg

I'm liking the current IDW dikk Tracy book and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
So Cable really...for this? But at least that was a great reintroduction for the one true X-Leader.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Re-read the The Maxx run and I forgot just how :mindblown: it was but also I got it more than I did when I was younger. Whole series from the art, panel layouts, and writing felt more in line with Vertigo than Image at the time.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

rqdxsaN.jpg

It's gonna be craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. :banderas:

You gotta watch when a writer of that caliber been dreaming and feening to write a character for years and years, ESPECIALLY when they got established chops in that same genre.

He prolly had this story in his head since he was a child, and he been tweaking that story to make it better he whole life.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Apparently I cant be a functioning member in this bytchass society if I read comic books?
:beli:

Woulda also been great if Bill Maher told me black people dont read comics too.
:beli:

this guys falloff has been incredible.
:deadmanny:

then fukk society. :sas2:

The Future is built by ideasmiths testing the borders that lie between reality and human imagination.

It's stifled by people trying to make reality conform to their lack of imagination. Anyone who simply wants to be king can only see reality grinding to a halt because it's too busy bowing.

Imagine a president making a country grind to a standstill because he can only imagine building a wall with his name on it so folks can remember he was king for 4 years.

:francis: