Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Wild Storm is :ohhh:

I never read any of the old Wildstorm stuff except JLA/Wild C.A.T.S, but this dope. Great techno-thriller vibe.

:heh: I been wanting to post long ass diatribes about it, but I get busy doing something else.

The mere fact that Ellis tied this entire run into all of the regular DC comics in ONE ISSUE and A FEW PANELS

Jenny Sparks feeling like Jenny Sparks :noah:

All I can say is Ellis has been strictly in screenwriter mode since possibly Gravel (find it if you havent heard of it) and it shows. We only see the fruits of it in Castlevania.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pull list for this week:

Detective Comics #997
Flash #63
Flash Annual #2
Justice League Annual #1
Justice League Odyssey #5
Wonder Woman #63
Age of X-Man Alpha #1
Amazing Spider-Man #14
Captain America #7

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rob Liefeld Creating New X-Men Character

0xpakXo.jpg

I know my way around a good character design, it’s something I’m proud of,” Liefeld tells EW. “I made my name creating tons of characters. It was out of necessity: I had a book that needed a shot in the arm, so I gave it a shot in the arm and we changed the culture. But the opportunity to put a bunch of new X-Men toys in the sandbox does not lose its excitement.”

The reason that excitement hasn’t gone away is that Liefeld’s not done making new characters. EW can exclusively announce that Liefeld is writing a new Marvel comic miniseries called Major X. The series will be six issues shipping twice a month from April through June, and will focus on the arrival of the title character, a mutant warrior from another realm, into the Marvel Universe.

“To me the X-Men have always thrived on big ideas, crazy ideas. So I figured, let’s just go for it,” Liefeld says. “Major X introduces a new character who is certain to mix up everything in the X-world. He hails from another existence, which is called the ‘X-istence’ — a mutant Shangri-La, a safe haven that has been a realm where mutantkind has lived in peace and harmony. They escaped there following a tragedy that befell mutantkind, and built this community. There are some familiar faces that he has forged this other society with. But then a terrible event happens within the X-istence that causes Major X to cross over and land in the Marvel Universe that we know. But he doesn’t land in the spot he was hoping, so in the first issue he is in 1991. We progressively get him where he needs to go. By the conclusion of the story, we catch up to modern-day Marvel.”

Not much else is known about Major X right now, since his identity is a mystery and his costume shrouds all features in a motorcyle-like outfit draped by big X symbols. Liefeld loves mysteries, and sees them as integral to the mythology of the X-Men.

I love motorcycle helmets. I love helmets and masks that obscure identity and create mystery. The X-Men franchise I understood as a kid was built on mystery,” Liefeld says.

https://ew.com/

:welpkid:

2lznIzn.gif

pass :francis:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Pull list for this week:

Detective Comics #997
Flash #63
Flash Annual #2
Justice League Annual #1
Justice League Odyssey #5
Wonder Woman #63
Age of X-Man Alpha #1
Amazing Spider-Man #14
Captain America #7
Does anybody read Batgirl, Supergirl these says? Wtf is going on in those books??

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anybody read Batgirl, Supergirl these says? Wtf is going on in those books??

I read Supergirl (though I haven't read the latest issue).

The current arc is about her going to Mogo to confront the guardians about their knowledge of Rogol Zaar. When she gets there she finds out all info about him in the Book of Oa has been redacted.

She's currently running from the Green Lantern Corps and is now stranded in the Vega System.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

The current arc is about her going to Mogo to confront the guardians about their knowledge of Rogol Zaar. When she gets there she finds out all info about him in the Book of Oa has been redacted.

She's currently running from the Green Lantern Corps and is now stranded in the Vega System.
Ok..
I may just have my boy get her last two years of issues...I havent read her book consistently since the DC 52 kicked off.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

:ehh: sounds hella interesting.

edit: :heh: nah, I like secret histories. I been a fan of them delving into Guardian/Oan dirt since the yellow spectrum popped up. Moreso the other colors.

THey kinda dropped the ball on it, IMO, but the history is still there. Might have to pick up Supergirl

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Need to check out the new dikk Tracy stuff. I wish the old strips would be sold digitally. Those printed volumes are too expensive for me.

A lot of history in this one

I binged on this channel when I discovered it a few weeks ago when I discovered it via this thread. I was reading comics here and there already but this has reignited my passion for it. Very nostalgic to see these videos and I love all the knowledge they drop and hearing their own passion for comics. I'm all digital these days, but this makes me want to pull out my comics from the bins and flip through them all.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Need to check out the new dikk Tracy stuff. I wish the old strips would be sold digitally. Those printed volumes are too expensive for me.

I binged on this channel when I discovered it a few weeks ago when I discovered it via this thread. I was reading comics here and there already but this has reignited my passion for it. Very nostalgic to see these videos and I love all the knowledge they drop and hearing their own passion for comics. I'm all digital these days, but this makes me want to pull out my comics from the bins and flip through them all.
Yeah they're passion really rekindled mine.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Q: In the original chart you made for the Avengers Machine, there were 6 blank spots. After Infinity, four of those were filled by Starbrand, Night Mask, Abyss, and Ex Nihilo. So my question is, who fits in the last two spots? I've read your entire Avengers run but am trade waiting Secret Wars. Have I missed something?

Jonathan Hickman: No. Things changed. The velocity at which things happen at Marvel has changed considerably in the last five years. So I thought I was going to be working at Fantastic Four pace when doing Avengers but it was much. much faster than that.

It used to take 5 years to do 60 issues and I did more than that in half the time. It's one of the reasons I'm no where near as happy with my Avengers stuff as I'd like to be.

But, you know, I cashed the checks.

Well, when he puts it that way :ehh:

I bet deuchbag Bendis was the one pressuring Marvel to pressure Hickman to hurry the fukk on :mjlit:

He probably was gonna have a whole separate x-men arc explaining how the hell Cyclops got a cotdamn phoenix egg incubating lol