Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Really? Don't neg me and shyt but I liked the series. It was great artwork, well written. Whaf did ya'll not like?

I liked it as well. I didn't like the end, but it was cool. We got Silk (dope character), Unworthy Thor (great series) and.....I'm not sure what else, but it was a good series.

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
timthumb.php
:picard:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It also made Sabertooth "good" or whatever, remember? Is that even still a thing? :mjlol:

Nah, he's semi-evil again. Currently he's teaming up with Old Man Logan in the Weapon X book because some evil organization is making killer androids with their DNA.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Nah, he's semi-evil again. Currently he's teaming up with Old Man Logan in the Weapon X book because some evil organization is making killer androids with their DNA.

I don't know what to say about Marvel, man....

Marvel's like WWE right now. All that matters is the ad dollars from their 3 hour show and their glut of PPVs. It's not supposed to be good.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't know what to say about Marvel, man....

Marvel's like WWE right now. All that matters is the ad dollars from their 3 hour show and their glut of PPVs. It's not supposed to be good.

I'm liking Weapon X, can't see it as an on-going. It would've been better had they resurrected Logan by now.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Catching up on some marvel stuff....

Secret Empire is off to a great start. It's like the writers and editors actually sat down and planned the event. A lot of the tie ins fit nicely with the main series.

Hopefully this doesn't fizzle out in the third act as Marvel events of late have a habit of doing. But this is easily the most well thought Marvel event start since probably Hickman's Secret Wars.

The X men books are actually interesting again. This is probably the first time the entire line has been decent since maybe the mid 2000's.

Although I despise the time displaced original five, even their book has been good.

There's nothing left to be said about Captain America Sam Wilson. Spencer really writes Sam as if he understands the struggle.

Cap Steve Rodgers was a a great read also with the reporter interviewing Cap. Amazing stuff.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't even bring myself to give the new X-Men comics a chance. I've gotten to the point where I actively hate the line. They systematically killed off damn near all their black male characters or just threw them into limbo. They killed off my favorite X-man, and they just in a constant status quo shift that makes it unreadable.

I haven't enjoyed the X-men since Messiah CompleX ended.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
d3b9ijs.jpg

aWUTBGb.jpg

:mjcry:
i aint gonna get into all the parallels and all that shyt cause we know what it is but...

these 2 issues (newest Sam Wilson Cap and #01 Secret Empire) made me think about something.
whats the end game here?
i mean, like the OVERALL end game?
whether they stop Hydra Cap and friends, what does it matter?
Like Sam said, people are genuinely happy being ignorant and ruled by a fascist regime.
blacks, mutants, and inhumans are all gettin the shyt end of the stick, whats supposed to happen after Cap is dead or cured or whatever?
country just goes back to fakin the funk?
shyt, honestly the most logical plan is actually coming from Sam Wilson. Hes getting people the hell out the country!
:deadmanny:
homie said "fukk all this fightin shyt. I see the writing on the wall! they want us gone, we'll LEAVE!"