Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Just finished a huge binge with new x men thru astonishing xmen :whew:

I want get into more cosmic marvel
Where's a good place to start Fantastic 4 brehs? Something modern, I cant read pre 80s comics like that.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
STL059814

Anyone else on this? :birdman:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Where's a good place to start Fantastic 4 brehs? Something modern, I cant read pre 80s comics like that.

Start with Fantastic Four 570 and from there just read anything Fantastic Four related that has Hickman's name on it.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope we actually see this Milestone stuff released.

I'm glad they finally redesigned Icon's costume, he had the most dated costume of all the milestone characters. I could have done without the exposed midriff for Rocket, I can't even see Augustus' character being ok with her running around dressed like that. They're also playing with fire by redesigning Static's costume, that black blue and yellow is his classic look that most people love.

Duo sounds interesting as hell and it was brilliant of them to get Greg Pak to write that series. Seems like a worthy successor to Xombii.

Love Army sounds interesting, but I worry about Hudlin being the one writing it. If there was any title they should have gotten a woman to write it's that one. That book is going to be under a lot of scrutiny, especially because Hudlin is writing it.

I hope the second wave includes Hardware, Blood Syndicate, and Shadow Cabinet.

I'm also noticing a lot of the names previously attached are nowhere to be found. Geoff Johns was supposed to be writing a mini series and Jim Lee was supposed to be doing an entire mini and not just a few covers.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
STL059814

Anyone else on this? :birdman:

yeah, shouldve been 64 pages.

I'm glad they got Hellstrom back to being himself, not some rich eruopean teenager.

Im wondering how far they're gonna push it though..

I guess satana is a given

but I don't wanna see Strange, Swamp THing, Howling Commandoes, Scarlet Witch, Brother Voodoo and Nico from Runaways

Those are guesses, by the way

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The last time Marvel's cosmic books had that juice started with the 2008 Annihilation event crossover.
The entire story has been collected in 3 tpbs or you could get it in a big ass omnibus.

As for Fantastic Four...you gotta start with John Byrne's run. He was on the book for 5 years from issues 232-295.