Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
After the success of Wonder Woman you know Marvel was looking like :ohhh: They’re ready to capitalize off of the whole feminist girl power superhero wave so we’ll be seeing her a lot until her movie is released.

they were pushing her long before wondys success. now theyre locked into her

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
a74c77fc645298fc84fc253ddc148107--deadshot-deathstroke.jpg

:mjlol:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they were pushing her long before wondys success. now theyre locked into her

Marvel has been pushing Carol as hard as they have over the years because they wanted a character to compete with Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman was big deal LONG before that movie was even in development. Marvel was just too stupid or bigoted to realize that the best shot they had at competing with Wonder Woman was Storm.

The re branding of Carol as Captain Marvel was about making her seem like a bigger deal and maintaining the rights to the name Captain Marvel. That's also why they suddenly made her some high ranking figure in the U.S. Government when she was never that before.

We never saw her go on a journey of becoming a bigger deal in the Marvel Universe, they just had her suddenly become a big deal one day out of nowhere.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm so sick of Marvel tryna make Captain Marvel a "thing". They got her on the cover of mags, coloring books, dvd's, video games like her popularity on par with SpiderMan.

:scust:

They really looking for that blonde white female stimulus.:francis: They been trying for years to get this bish poppin':francis: It's going to be unbearable with the movie now.

Even her biggest stan (Kamala) is even more popular than her :russ:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
They really looking for that blonde white female stimulus.:francis: They been trying for years to get this bish poppin':francis: It's going to be unbearable with the movie now.

Even her biggest stan (Kamala) is even more popular than her :russ:
once MARVEL decides to get their heads out their ass and really focus on Kamala i have no doubt that she would pop!

shyt...

im surprised they didnt really go hard with America Chavez like that.
them gay/lesbian muthafukkas eat up damn near ANYTHING momo!

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I always maintain Marvel should've done 1 of 2 things instead of Carol:

1. Push Monica Rambeau, Louisiana black woman

or 2. keep America Chavez heterosexual as she orginally was, and push her as the Hispanic hipster version of Supergirl. Make her either Puerto Rican, Dominican, Mexican, don't matter.

Either of those two are culturally refreshing.

Carol is a generic blonde white woman with a pushy military personality.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
what book was this? :pachaha:

Ben Reilley: Scarlet Spider.

It.... sort of makes sense.

From a continuity standpoint it's kind of..... I dunno.

spoilers.
Death is like (in the guise of Marlo from Peter David's Hulk run and Captain Marvel... that's a story in itself)

":queen: you've died and come back more than anyone else.... in the universe. I think you're special.""

me being the nerd that I am, I thought about it. Dude's been dead what, twice? Three times?

I really had to go back and think of legit LEGIT dead characters.

Not dead in stasis, or dead in a coma or dead in hiding.

For real. Think about it and count it.

It's weird.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They should have just let Monica Rambeau be Captain Marvel again. Monica is just a more likable character and has a more unique power set.

Or they could have given Storm a huge push. I have my issue with the character these days, but for a time Storm was the second most popular female character in all of comics but Marvel never capitalized on it.

Carol is and has always been fairly unlikable, and her "push" is forced because they had that character everywhere even when he comic was struggling to sell.

The worst part is that this is an understatement. I've never seen a forced push that lasted this long. Hell, even Hope & Armor are nowhere to be found. They still tryna make fetch happen

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Ben Reilley: Scarlet Spider.

It.... sort of makes sense.

From a continuity standpoint it's kind of..... I dunno.

spoilers.
Death is like (in the guise of Marlo from Peter David's Hulk run and Captain Marvel... that's a story in itself)

":queen: you've died and come back more than anyone else.... in the universe. I think you're special.""

me being the nerd that I am, I thought about it. Dude's been dead what, twice? Three times?

I really had to go back and think of legit LEGIT dead characters.

Not dead in stasis, or dead in a coma or dead in hiding.

For real. Think about it and count it.

It's weird.
it's kinda deadpoolish, i'll have to see how it was executed...:ld:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
it's kinda deadpoolish, i'll have to see how it was executed...:ld:

:russ: Death was on that typical girl shyt.

":queen: I like thanos, but he be doing too much with all that attention and presents. :smh:
:queen: Deadpool was just..... good for the moment. :smh:"

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
once MARVEL decides to get their heads out their ass and really focus on Kamala i have no doubt that she would pop!

shyt...

im surprised they didnt really go hard with America Chavez like that.
them gay/lesbian muthafukkas eat up damn near ANYTHING momo!

America Chavez and KamalaKhan were those once in a generation cash cows that DC caught in the 80s with Teen Titans.

Marvel never had that kinda teen-aware success that wasn't like Venom or Wolverine or Carnage or whatever.

For real, they had non-comic outlets talking about the characters, teens cosplaying as them and shyt without the characters being pushed (Kamala was pushed a bit.... but not like they're cramming Carol in our faces)

Stuff like that is why I constantly compare Ma.rvel to WWE. It doesn't matter what the fans like. You're gonna like what they pushing... eventually.... right.