Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
just because people watch the movie/show doesn't mean they'll buy the comic
That's one thing that annoys me about Marvel and DC. They change the characters costumes, personality, etc in the books to reflect a movie but movie goers are not rushing into comic book shops right after the movie to purchase these books. You might get a few who might start reading(I started reading comics again after a five year hiatus during summer of 2012. Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, and Dark Knight Rises in a three month span! :blessed:) but for the most part there is no long term boost.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Fixed that for ya :sas2:

Comic book industry finally smartened up a bit :sas1:

Tho we'll see what happens over in DC

You can fix it write back.:francis:

I'm not a Bendis stan... but people really don't flock to comics like they do the movies/shows..

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
That's one thing that annoys me about Marvel and DC. They change the characters costumes, personality, etc in the books to reflect a movie but movie goers are not rushing into comic book shops right after the movie to purchase these books. You might get a few who might start reading(I started reading comics again after a five year hiatus during summer of 2012. Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, and Dark Knight Rises in a three month span! :blessed:) but for the most part there is no long term boost.

yep. shyt has happened time and time again.

I don't think there will ever be a long term boost at the big two like that.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
619756._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

This was solid
It was ok. Too much setup:ld: It tried to hammer home shes black and a woman. We get it, now lets get to this supernatural murder already:pachaha:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps

Bendis gone have Alfred n Batman sit silent in 8 panels, then Alfred gonna tell a joke.

THEN he gonna kill of dikk Grayson, then bring him back two yrs later in some big event featuring the Lazarus Pit and Joker

He gonna have Ra’s Al Ghul acting like Black Dynamite.

Damian’s character is gonna start acting like comic relief and of on jokes.

He’s gonna make Jason Todd a villain again for no apparent reason at all

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

Bendis gone have Alfred n Batman sit silent in 8 panels, then Alfred gonna tell a joke.

THEN he gonna kill of dikk Grayson, then bring him back two yrs later in some big event featuring the Lazarus Pit and Joker

:francis:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You can fix it write back.:francis:

I'm not a Bendis stan... but people really don't flock to comics like they do the movies/shows..
Nope. :demonic: Because that was the point of my post that you quoted.

I don't advocate that movie/shower transfers work either.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Time Drake prob gon be gay too. Or one of those well-known villains coming out the closet.

We all knew Bendis was going straight to Batman or Justice League... if not both.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Marvel's Black Panther Almost Introduced a Young Avenger
Marvel’s Black Panther almost starred a character from the Young Avenger lineup: Elijah “Eli” Bradley, aka Patriot. According to director Ryan Coogler, he and co-writer Joe Robert Cole were interested in including the character but ultimately gave him up in order to focus more heavily on Wakanda.

“Crazy enough, for comic book fans, we toyed with the character Patriot for a little bit,” Coogler told CinemaBlend. “Early on we were interested to get our hands on him, Joe [Robert Cole] and I, but that ended up going away so we could focus on Wakanda a little more.”

:ohhh:

Might be a matter of time for young Eli.

Coogler and Cole must lurk here :lupe:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I thought Priest was sticking with Justice League for awhile. :dwillhuh:

He is, I meant back when Bendis first announced his departure. BM, JL or possibly WW were the 3 franchises i instantly felt they'd throw him on.

I still figure him on JL is an inevitability, but that's probably a year or two away since after Priest they seem to be breaking up the team into different groups

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
He is, I meant back when Bendis first announced his departure. BM, JL or possibly WW were the 3 franchises i instantly felt they'd throw him on.

I still figure him on JL is an inevitability, but that's probably a year or two away since after Priest they seem to be breaking up the team into different groups
I can definitely see him doing Justice League. Just keep him away from Batman ,The Flash, Nightwing, and Deathstroke unless it's some elseworlds stuff!