Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's one thing that annoys me about Marvel and DC. They change the characters costumes, personality, etc in the books to reflect a movie but movie goers are not rushing into comic book shops right after the movie to purchase these books. You might get a few who might start reading(I started reading comics again after a five year hiatus during summer of 2012. Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, and Dark Knight Rises in a three month span! :blessed:) but for the most part there is no long term boost.
DC really don't change their characters all that much to reflect the live action shows/movies

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
DC really don't change their characters all that much to reflect the live action shows/movies

And that is a good thing. I hate when marvel does that mess, like they did when they gave spider-man organic web shooters after toby McGuire spider-man movie. Or they change characters personality to make them behave like they did in the movies ignore years of continuity

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that is a good thing. I hate when marvel does that mess, like they did when they gave spider-man organic web shooters after toby McGuire spider-man movie. Or they change characters personality to make them behave like they did in the movies ignore years of continuity
Can't stand that mess. Rarely is it an improvement, imo.

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
tumblr_inline_p3gsetijAW1v1ehjs_500.jpg

Incredible Hulk #712 (1/31/2018)

tumblr_inline_p3gsewJ8OD1v1ehjs_400.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #11 (2/6/2016)

Marvel still giving Greg Land work :mjlol:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Tony is back to being iron man instead of riri just in time for infinity war. Total coincidence:troll:

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Tony is back to being iron man instead of riri just in time for infinity war. Total coincidence:troll:

Riri is a boring character anyway and had no business leading an iron man book in the first place. If they wanted to use a black woman to fill tony’s Spot they should of use Lila Rhodes who has a pre established connection with tony and would have an emotional connection with the fan base being war machines niece but that would of required Brian Michael Bendis to do some research.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Riri is a boring character anyway and had no business leading an iron man book in the first place. If they wanted to use a black woman to fill tony’s Spot they should of use Lila Rhodes who has a pre established connection with tony and would have an emotional connection with the fan base being war machines niece but that would of required Brian Michael Bendis to do some research.

I like Riri. She's a good character, but her intro was indeed trash. She also needs a unique armor colorway and specialty.