Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
tumblr_p20wjplaw51w08uojo1_400.jpg

tumblr_p20wk2SsSE1w08uojo1_400.jpg

tumblr_p20wkmdMjh1w08uojo1_400.jpg

tumblr_p20wl0cd0Q1w08uojo1_400.jpg

scust at "HAL JORDAN and the Green Lanterns" :scust:

Have always hated Hal Jordan. He and Barry Allen are the most boring fukkin big names in comics.

Kinda funny we're at a point where 90s costumes are now being seen as "classic" looks (Kyle Rayner, Ben Reilly, Supermans electric blue costume keeps getting re-used, sure there are other examples....)

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Started my Annhilation Conquest omnibus. Good stuff so far. :ehh:

DnA always come through. I'm pretty sure this is my last DnA Galactic Saga run to read.

their GOTG run (which spins out of Conquest) is pretty good but I personally didn't care for Thanos Imperative (which is essentially the bookend for Cosmic Marvel, post-Annihilation).

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I wonder how far ahead Bendis knew he was going to leave? Because he was trying to sell the shyt outta Defenders being some long epic crime odyssey in the making...

Then the show fell flat; Jessica, Cage, and IF solos sell below 20k; their team book is barely above 20k; and now the series wraps up next issue..

Bendis + A-list artist + guest appearances galore couldn't keep people interested in this team

Ill never forgive Marvel for squandering Matt Fractions/Ed Brubaker/David Aja's heavy lifting in revamping Iron Fist with "Immortal Iron Fist". Will also never forgive them for not pushing that title when Anime/Manga had hit its peak here in the States. :pacspit:

Immortal Iron Fist was seriously one of the best Marvel books in like 20 years.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
also if you arent reading "Mr. Miracle" take that L.

Best comic out of the big 2 at the moment.

Will say the 9 panel format King/Gerard are in love with can get kinda annoying, and Kings dialogue can be too quippy and navel gazing.....But the book is one of the more haunting and thought provoking depictions of the Fourth World. Really takes some themes Morrison played with and expounds.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
also if you arent reading "Mr. Miracle" take that L.

Best comic out of the big 2 at the moment.

Will say the 9 panel format King/Gerard are in love with can get kinda annoying, and Kings dialogue can be too quippy and navel gazing.....But the book is one of the more haunting and thought provoking depictions of the Fourth World. Really takes some themes Morrison played with and expounds.
Tom king sucks at Dialouge and looking back his arcs on batman are so so. Snyder is still better.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
scust at "HAL JORDAN and the Green Lanterns" :scust:

Have always hated Hal Jordan. He and Barry Allen are the most boring fukkin big names in comics.

Kinda funny we're at a point where 90s costumes are now being seen as "classic" looks (Kyle Rayner, Ben Reilly, Supermans electric blue costume keeps getting re-used, sure there are other examples....)
The 90's sucked for comics. hard.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Rise of Black Panther is the Black Panther book that should've came out 2 years ago, after Secret Wars finished and ppl were gassed about the character with CA:Civil War.

It's an actual "Black Panther" book.

I don't even count Hickman bc it was an ensemble cast with a lot of pump fakes. Rise is just pure unadultered BP
agreed and love learning about his mom.