Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, how long ya think it’s gonna be till OG white Nick Fury comes back in Marvel’s “Fresh Start”?

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Neil Gaiman announces new 'Sandman Universe' line of comics — exclusive
:whoo: I just started re-reading The Sandman so I'm all aboard for this. Really eyeing that House of Whispers
Im just about to start Games of You today. Rainy day, hurricane wind gusts, day off, just grabbed some Jack Herer. About to hit up the coffee shop :ahh:

First time running through the series though and its without a doubt one of the best I've ever read.

Gifted my little cousin the graphic novel edition of The Graveyard Book for Christmas and I wanna run through that too..Seemed like a more macabre Harry Potter :heh:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im just about to start Games of You today. Rainy day, hurricane wind gusts, day off, just grabbed some Jack Herer. About to hit up the coffee shop :ahh:

First time running through the series though and its without a doubt one of the best I've ever read.

Gifted my little cousin the graphic novel edition of The Graveyard Book for Christmas and I wanna run through that too..Seemed like a more macabre Harry Potter :heh:
It is even better going through the series a second time knowing how everything ties together

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
wNyyKLr.jpg

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is even better going through the series a second time knowing how everything ties together
Did you read Nocturnes and Preludes?

I had bought that after reading this first volume but some cute girl with tattoos in a bar told me to read the whole series first. I've abided :manny:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Read Infinity Gauntlet for the first time. It was good but a bit disappointing, and I didn't realize that thanos wouldn't be the main villain for the conclusion. I do like the ending of a role with Thanos on his Farm, but overall it was a little overhyped. Even when he was fighting people and killing them with the gauntlet once he took it off they came right back so that didn't make sense either.

:heh: yeah, it may seem a bit overhyped NOW, especially with them trying to give us 6 "Events" a year, but back when it was released, no casual Marvel fan had seen that level of fukkery. Secret Wars/Secret Wars 2 had come out like 10 years before hand, same thing with Crisis on Infinite Earths.

It was pretty much the first :ooh::damn: comic of the modern age.

The thing with everyone coming back to life, you gotta reread. Nebula got the glove and didn't realize the sheer power of instant wish fulfillment.

wCEK8Ns6OZ7mdiWwMqpsHXDyzH5eD4r8cuEmzgoI9Y-CDAl6tlkiSwuhqFfPv26UNAkbwv_GWfIH=s1600

:russ: prolly one of my favorite :gladbron: scenes in comic history.

And why was death even pissed at him when she brought him back to life to kill the fukking universe:why:

Well, here's the thing with Thanos and Death. It's a HUUUUUGE misconception that Death wants Thanos to kill everything, or that she brought him back for that purpose. Imagine if you lived at the beach and a girl brought you a handful of sand to impress you. Stuff dying doesn't even make Death more powerful. Death doesn't take pleasure in stuff dying. Death doesn't care.

Death is Death.

Top it all off, if you kill EVERYTHING, Death doesn't exist. And, as The Beyonder showed us, you eliminate Death, it's damn near impossible to kill something so Death can come back. :mjlol:

Death just wants Thanos to exist and chill out. Death loves Thanos. But Thanos..... be doing too much.

wIhh2UoR9wP7mFHThPun0_SBsPig-8SAUP9WauneyC1mDcLSQVZrb3yhr2OWeJgvVK-QZoM8EHWc=s1600

mK1LcRZZIfFW0LI3xWbHGovlwHzBezwAT5PEA511ucZ0N007l4IiUGoUSuV2J7hcsKo0-g7iJ5gg=s1600
Issue-7
KiuEpNLkdx9jnRV9eWSq2FtPKz7UMmYX0_vJouTn7GTlGVZEC9_HyM5wQ3TDWlEBlsgdDjP3Gb2G=s1600

helGFktyua_41_g1unwuEGaQCxmIfD1ysAQK03GI_qtL0qJlL_vTziXD8g2kc86chaVDzIjFm8ZO=s1600
jM8fjXADY0OdgG6uKOiLncSAA-6t4gXAQRLWggZ8Nb7UVms1NGKB06ojrcA7C-ErC7uWFv97RuYc=s1600

The art is terrific though. The page is a lot more dense then you would see in today's comics. It felt that I was reading a lot more than I actually was reading.

Props to Perez for his work on the first part of the story, but there's not a soul alive who can tell me that Ron Lim isn't one of the unsung GOATS. He was straight flexing on Marvel's cosmic scene in the mid-90s (Thanos Quest,Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade, Silver Surfer, Captain America aint cosmic, but)

Hell, look at his art in those pages I posted up there. One of my GOAT artists.

Also was my first digital comic that I read fully. I think I like it more honestly then paperback now. It does seem like the art and visuals are just crisper. I will still buy some trades that I want to keep it as a collector, but overall I think digital is the way to go 100% from now on for trades

Yeah, I used to miss going to stores and looking through longboxes, sitting on the floor or the coffeeshop of someplace like Barnes and Noble with a stack of trades. I miss that new comic smell sometimes, still

But once you go Digital, it's no looking back.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you read Nocturnes and Preludes?

I had bought that after reading this first volume but some cute girl with tattoos in a bar told me to read the whole series first. I've abided :manny:
Yeah I read them all in order years ago. I just finished re-reading volume 1 the other night and I was surprised that I liked it way more than what I did the first time I read it.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Read Infinity Gauntlet for the first time. It was good but a bit disappointing, and I didn't realize that thanos wouldn't be the main villain for the conclusion. I do like the ending of a role with Thanos on his Farm, but overall it was a little overhyped. Even when he was fighting people and killing them with the gauntlet once he took it off they came right back so that didn't make sense either. And why was death even pissed at him when she brought him back to life to kill the fukking universe:why:

The art is terrific though. The page is a lot more dense then you would see in today's comics. It felt that I was reading a lot more than I actually was reading.

I
Also was my first digital comic that I read fully. I think I like it more honestly then paperback now. It does seem like the art and visuals are just crisper. I will still buy some trades that I want to keep it as a collector, but overall I think digital is the way to go 100% from now on for trades
To really get the full effect of it you should read
Warlock by Jim Starlin: The Complete Collection
Avengers vs Thanos
Silver Surfer Rebirth of Thanos
Infinity Gauntlet

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Well, here's the thing with Thanos and Death. It's a HUUUUUGE misconception that Death wants Thanos to kill everything, or that she brought him back for that purpose. Imagine if you lived at the beach and a girl brought you a handful of sand to impress you. Stuff dying doesn't even make Death more powerful. Death doesn't take pleasure in stuff dying. Death doesn't care.
But she brought him back for that purpose, due to the cosmic imbalance. She even gave him more power to do so. Shes just a bytch for no reason.

Yeah, I used to miss going to stores and looking through longboxes, sitting on the floor or the coffeeshop of someplace like Barnes and Noble with a stack of trades. I miss that new comic smell sometimes, still

But once you go Digital, it's no looking back.
I still buy some floppies but thats mostly to support the store i go to, and for some stories i dont want to wait. I have to admit it's a pain in the ass to keep floppies now. It piles up quick