Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It's always gonna be a conundrum with Peter Parker.

Fans mad Marvel deaded the marriage/baby and stunted his natural evolution as a father/husband :hula: Fans mad Marvel progressed his naturally evolution into a genius millionaire inventor/scientist using his inventions and cash flow for the greater good.

And yea, there were some at the start of ANAD who didn't like that Peter used his glorified Reed Richards-lite intellect to finally level up in life and be more than the hard on his luck broke teacher/photographer/whatever going on 30 years old. Which is fine if u want to see him married with kid but still broke, but that selective growth wasn't lost on me. I personally find both (wife/kid + big career) to be logical if not now (given his age) then very soon.

That said, I also understand that he forever 'can't' progress in either direction for more than a few years, let alone in both bc Marvel wants to keep him 'young' forever.
What they did to the marriage was criminal and probably the most disgraceful thing to happen to the Spidey franchise
@MartyMcFly

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Ima MARVEL junkie.
But you cant front the team-ups they got right now are crazy!!
:russ:

Its like they all been smoking that shyt i be gettin from @%@^@^@%@^@^@^@;.
:lolbron:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What they did to the marriage was criminal and probably the most disgraceful thing to happen to the Spidey franchise
@MartyMcFly
It sucked but the clone saga was worse. It told readers this guy you’ve been reading about for 20 years isn’t the real Spider-Man but a clone. This guy is actually the real Spider-Man. So all these stories you invested in were just fairy dust. That’s worse.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Anybody check out Detective Comics #988?
I liked it a lot because we finally have a Batman as a detective story in the book where we are supposed to be getting detective stories.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Yeah that what I starting to hate about peter is that they write him like he in his teens even tho he in his mid to late twenties.
I agree except accounting for "Marvel Time," he's definitely gotta be in his 30s at this point.

The problem is that Peter is considered to the "teen superhero" even though he's been an adult for most of his history in publication. He graduated from high school during the Lee/Ditko years and outside of "Ultimate" and the odd one-shot or cartoon, he's been an adult dealing with adult problems ever since. The fact that he's been at it this long and is still a monumental fukk up actually hurts him in my eyes because it's tiring watching this dude fall down on his luck then go whine about it on a rooftop. Especially when this man has connects to some of the most powerful men and women on the planet. You telling me Tony Stark or Reed Richards or T'Challa - to name a few - can't hook mans with a steady gig? They could even do it on the low so as to not hurt his pride.

They constantly reset Peter to this status quo of "early 20 something fresh out of college" and it's wack at this point.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I agree except accounting for "Marvel Time," he's definitely gotta be in his 30s at this point.

The problem is that Peter is considered to the "teen superhero" even though he's been an adult for most of his history in publication. He graduated from high school during the Lee/Ditko years and outside of "Ultimate" and the odd one-shot or cartoon, he's been an adult dealing with adult problems ever since. The fact that he's been at it this long and is still a monumental fukk up actually hurts him in my eyes because it's tiring watching this dude fall down on his luck then go whine about it on a rooftop. Especially when this man has connects to some of the most powerful men and women on the planet. You telling me Tony Stark or Reed Richards or T'Challa - to name a few - can't hook mans with a steady gig? They could even do it on the low so as to not hurt his pride.

They constantly reset Peter to this status quo of "early 20 something fresh out of college" and it's wack at this point.

Be a 30 year old teen superhero for the last 20 years brehs

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
One Wolverine dying

Another Wolverine coming back

X-Men being exterminated

X-Men coming back

X-men getting married

X-men not getting married?

Jean byke

Cyke dead

Storm is vampire

Storm is Thor

Vampire Storm dead

Thor Storm no longer Thor

3 other Jeans running around

Psylock not asian

Sounds pretty cohesive to me :mjgrin:
So Storm lost her armor and weapon she gained like 10 issues ago?

Also we got O5 jean and newly ressurected Jean,which other ones are there?

X-men is confusing as fukk. We got alternate universe Cables killing each other.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition’s X-Men Line Up

• First Line Up by Ron Frenz
  • Second Line Up by Pat Olliffe
  • Third Line Up by Dave Cockrum
  • Fourth Line Up by Kirk Jarvinen
  • Fifth Line Up by Brandon Peterson
  • Sixth Line Up by Rick Leonardi
  • Seventh Line Up by Tom Morgan
  • Eight Line Up: Gold Team by Steve Butler
  • Eight Line Up: Blue Team by Barry Kitson
tumblr_nhdlrjaYJw1ru1hc6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhdlrjaYJw1ru1hc6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhdlrjaYJw1ru1hc6o9_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhdlrjaYJw1ru1hc6o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhdlrjaYJw1ru1hc6o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhdlrjaYJw1ru1hc6o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhdlrjaYJw1ru1hc6o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhdlrjaYJw1ru1hc6o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhdlrjaYJw1ru1hc6o5_1280.jpg

parallax

Superstar
Daps
An I the only person that hates havoks Halo costume? God damn that thing is ugly as shyt

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
So Storm lost her armor and weapon she gained like 10 issues ago?

Also we got O5 jean and newly ressurected Jean,which other ones are there?

X-men is confusing as fukk. We got alternate universe Cables killing each other.

Coates spent an entire 12 issue arc of BP wasting our time about how Storm is a goddess because of "worship", only for the X-Men Gold writer to shyt on that entire concept in 2 issues by having some made up African god tell Storm worship ain't shyt and bytch u better use that god hammer if u want to beat me... which she had to do, before losing it and her godhood.

These black writers finna learn to stop using Storm one of these days... That Hudlin stuff is cute but it ain't never gonna work, time and again

:mjpls: