Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
8oTtU6N.jpg

:laff:.

what issue is this from :skip:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Brian Michael Bendis Getting New Teen Focused Imprint At DC
kjuDncr.jpg

uE6YJOm.png

New Young Justice, Dial H for Hero, Wonder Twins, and Naomi titles will be part of a newly-announced DC Comics imprint called Wonder Comics - curated by DC 'exclusive' writer Brian Michael Bendis. Wonder Comics is described as a Bendis' "personally curated line of teen-focused, in-continuity comic books..." and is scheduled to debut in early 2019.

The line will be anchored by a new Young Justice book starring Impulse (Bart Allen), Superboy (Conner Kent), and Robin (Tim Drake). Bendis and his Action Comics artist Patrick Gleason will be doing the series together.

"This is an opportunity for me to express a lot of themes I was already doing with Miles Morales and Riri Williams," Bendis explained during DC's Meet The Publisher's panel live from New York Comic Con 2018. "Your first loves, first tragedies... these characters mean a lot to each other...it's literally a list of things that people have been screaming at me to bring back to DC."

Naomi will be written by Bendis and David Walker, and drawn by Jamal Campbell.

Wonder Twins will be written by Mark Russell, and drawn by Stephen Byrne.

Dial H for Hero is written by Sam Humphries and drawn by Joe Quinones.

The line will also debut new characters such as Jenny Hex, descendent of Jonah Hex, and Teen Lantern, a young woman who has hacked a Green Lantern power battery.

ehhhh.

Also do we really need another GL. fukk if they were gonna do this shyt.. they should kept Hal's ass away from being a gl

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Static Shock Was Almost A Member of Bendis' Young Justice Team

Why does this shyt keep happening? They stay leaving money on the table with this bullshyt. :why:

If it's because of Earth-M, just say it's a different Static in the multiverse. If it's because of McDuffie's widow, break bread with her and keep it moving. :mindblown:

parallax

Superstar
Daps

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is she the one holding milestone up? it feels like earth m was supposed to come out a long ass time ago

From what I understand, Derek Dingle, Denys Cowan and Reginald Hudlin were the three spearheading Earth-M, and when McDuffie's widow found out about it she was like, ":usure:. Nobody told me about this. :ufdup:" and now there's some legal mess going on.

I don't know what knowledge or involvement DC directly had in this.