Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Regarding Bendis, I'm really trying to give his Superman a chance, but he is not giving me much to work with. :francis:

The main Superman book is all over the place. There are some good moments sprinkled in, but he really hasn't got a grasp on the other Justice League members' voices yet, from the infamous "Caca poo-poo" line in Man of Steel #5 to Batman talking about his diarrhea in Superman #2. Also, Rogol Zaar is just a flat, uninteresting villain. While I like the mystery surrounding him (did he really destroy Krypton and what involvement did the Guardians have in it?), there's nothing interesting about Rogol Zaar himself as a character, and that mystery is being handled better in Supergirl than in Bendis' runs.

Also, DC has been getting pretty good about timelines as of late and making sure you know where and when the storylines take place, and keeping them referenced in other books, but this current arc seems so divorced from everything else that's going on. Earth apparently being trapped in the Phantom Zone seems like it should be a big deal across the entire DC Universe, but AFAIK no other book has even mentioned it. The current Green Lanterns arc takes place before this, so I don't expect them to mention it, but this has to take place around the same time as Justice League and Flash, so if nothing else they should be mentioning it there. What effect does this have on the Totality? How is this affecting the Still, Sage and Strength forces?

Action Comics has been a bit more consistent, but Lois hiding in Metropolis wearing a shytty wig is the dumbest idea ever. Did she think he wouldn't find her when he can hear her heartbeat? And they didn't even address the cliffhanger in the last issue. The script that was in this week's DC Nation shows they're gonna do it in the next issue, but why skip one like that? It really messed up the pacing of an already slow book.

I'm gonna give it a few more months before I decide if I want to drop it. We're getting a Zod/Rogol Zaar confrontation next month, so I'll at least keep reading for that.

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
The art was fantastic but the story was lacking and to fast paced.

As per the deaths, it's more realistic for people to die out of the blue, not everyone gets a big heroic moment to go out on.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Brian Michael Bendis Getting New Teen Focused Imprint At DC
kjuDncr.jpg

uE6YJOm.png

New Young Justice, Dial H for Hero, Wonder Twins, and Naomi titles will be part of a newly-announced DC Comics imprint called Wonder Comics - curated by DC 'exclusive' writer Brian Michael Bendis. Wonder Comics is described as a Bendis' "personally curated line of teen-focused, in-continuity comic books..." and is scheduled to debut in early 2019.

The line will be anchored by a new Young Justice book starring Impulse (Bart Allen), Superboy (Conner Kent), and Robin (Tim Drake). Bendis and his Action Comics artist Patrick Gleason will be doing the series together.

"This is an opportunity for me to express a lot of themes I was already doing with Miles Morales and Riri Williams," Bendis explained during DC's Meet The Publisher's panel live from New York Comic Con 2018. "Your first loves, first tragedies... these characters mean a lot to each other...it's literally a list of things that people have been screaming at me to bring back to DC."

Naomi will be written by Bendis and David Walker, and drawn by Jamal Campbell.

Wonder Twins will be written by Mark Russell, and drawn by Stephen Byrne.

Dial H for Hero is written by Sam Humphries and drawn by Joe Quinones.

The line will also debut new characters such as Jenny Hex, descendent of Jonah Hex, and Teen Lantern, a young woman who has hacked a Green Lantern power battery.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Brian Michael Bendis Getting New Teen Focused Imprint At DC
kjuDncr.jpg

uE6YJOm.png

New Young Justice, Dial H for Hero, Wonder Twins, and Naomi titles will be part of a newly-announced DC Comics imprint called Wonder Comics - curated by DC 'exclusive' writer Brian Michael Bendis. Wonder Comics is described as a Bendis' "personally curated line of teen-focused, in-continuity comic books..." and is scheduled to debut in early 2019.

The line will be anchored by a new Young Justice book starring Impulse (Bart Allen), Superboy (Conner Kent), and Robin (Tim Drake). Bendis and his Action Comics artist Patrick Gleason will be doing the series together.

"This is an opportunity for me to express a lot of themes I was already doing with Miles Morales and Riri Williams," Bendis explained during DC's Meet The Publisher's panel live from New York Comic Con 2018. "Your first loves, first tragedies... these characters mean a lot to each other...it's literally a list of things that people have been screaming at me to bring back to DC."

Naomi will be written by Bendis and David Walker, and drawn by Jamal Campbell.

Wonder Twins will be written by Mark Russell, and drawn by Stephen Byrne.

Dial H for Hero is written by Sam Humphries and drawn by Joe Quinones.

The line will also debut new characters such as Jenny Hex, descendent of Jonah Hex, and Teen Lantern, a young woman who has hacked a Green Lantern power battery.
Teen Lantern? :why::snoop: