Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
That may have been the last time she had a star quality artist. Or maybe that was just the cover art? I'm thinking of the Frank Cho covers.. or that may have been further back. There was another run where she was fighting her evil self or something, or moonstone dressed up as her? the interior art was stylistic and pretty.

You talking about Sana Takeda? Know she did a few issues back during the Dark Reign run

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
That may have been the last time she had a star quality artist. Or maybe that was just the cover art? I'm thinking of the Frank Cho covers.. or that may have been further back. There was another run where she was fighting her evil self or something, or moonstone dressed up as her? the interior art was stylistic and pretty.

I never really read CM books, i just flipped through the pages and put the book back on the stands :manny:

I read the KSD run though, just off the strength of Rhodey... only for them to ship her ass off into space... which was a terrible decision, and i want to blame Bendis because i feel it's always his fault somehow. Now all of a sudden he leaves and she's no longer trapped in space.

What are your thoughts on this writer? She's apparently something special

I like her enough. A-Force was good, loved Rogue & Gambit, and everyone loves Hawkeye. She can tell a fun story, and seems to have a strength of character interactions. I may buy issue #2

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Nate Grey finally returns on the big stage in Jan 2019 in "The Age of the X Man"
DogFYmCXkAUb64P.jpg

mutant jesus finally getting his shine on

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
David Finch Returns to Marvel for Avengers #700 Variant Cover

AVENGERS-FINCH-CVR.jpg

After 700 issues of saving the world, you’d think the Avengers would be due some celebration. But instead the whole world seems to be gunning for them, especially Namor’s fearsome new Defenders of the Deep and the reimagined Russian Super-Soldiers of the Winter Guard. And that’s not to mention the shocking surprise the U.S. government has in store for our heroes. Plus: The all-new Agents of Wakanda! The mystery of the Avengers of 1,000,000 BC deepens! A key revelation concerning the resurrection of Wolverine! And the next startling new Avenger is revealed!
64 PGS./Rated T+ …$5.99

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Yup, googled her name and it checks out

prv3252_cov.jpg

prv3067_cov.jpg

I had no idea what the hell was going on with that convoluted ass story but that Sana chick knew how to draw :whew:. Definition of reading a book for the art alone

No doubt..

You ever see the Heroes for Hire cover she did :pachaha:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Finally gave Death of the Inhumans a read and HOLY shyt :whew: :wow: this shyt is dope as fukk, caught up to #4 that is out today. Can't wait for the fifth and final issue, Cates knows his shyt.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I'm not really feeling Marvel or DC right now. I agree with Alan Moore when he said that most of these characters should have been put out to pasture years ago. How many times am I supposed to give a crap about Peter Parker being poor? They gave him a good job. Doc Ock took over his body. Used his potential to start a company. Pete got his body back and was not rich. Now he's back to being broke as hell again. Then over at DC, Didio has a love jones when it comes to screwing with Nightwing. And now Watchmen are part of the main 52 Earths? I'll read here and there, but I'm more into independents now. Currently I'm reading Monstress, Motor Crush and Violent Love.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not really feeling Marvel or DC right now. I agree with Alan Moore when he said that most of these characters should have been put out to pasture years ago. How many times am I supposed to give a crap about Peter Parker being poor? They gave him a good job. Doc Ock took over his body. Used his potential to start a company. Pete got his body back and was not rich. Now he's back to being broke as hell again. Then over at DC, Didio has a love jones when it comes to screwing with Nightwing. And now Watchmen are part of the main 52 Earths? I'll read here and there, but I'm more into independents now. Currently I'm reading Monstress, Motor Crush and Violent Love.
Sir that just the nature of superhero comic books sooner or later you just get reboot, retool or vary retelling of old story's :yeshrug:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Picked up some new trades and back issues this week:

Batwoman Rebirth 1-6
JL: Cry For Justice mini-series
Elektra's recent mini-series
Wonder Woman with Darkseid's return
DK3
Iron Man: Return of Stark (missing ish 600)

And some issues about Batman/Bruce Wayne's return post Final Crisis.