Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
fKKDWQu.jpg

:mjcry:
Peter David is a helluva writer. Got this dust in my eye right now that's making it kinda hard to type though...

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@AquaCityBoy , you recently re-read Metal right? Been thinking of reading it again, but ima wait for an omnibus so it can have all the tie-ins.

Probably a good idea. Metal is largely incomprehensible without them and if you read it in trade, you'll either miss a lot of key points or get them out of order, like Red Death, Detective Chimp and a lot of stuff about the Dark multiverse.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Probably a good idea. Metal is largely incomprehensible without them and if you read it in trade, you'll either miss a lot of key points or get them out of order, like Red Death, Detective Chimp and a lot of stuff about the Dark multiverse.
I only read the main story, and it was a clusterfukk. I got the main points, but still not a way to read it. I’m sure the Omni will drop next year.

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Haven't read any Marvel comics in a year. What's going on? (I already know about my boy Spidey being broke and shyt again :mjlol: :smh:) and I know about the Hydra invasion shyt and the fact it looks like they are gonna make my boy Doom back into...Doom :francis:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Captain Marvel to Get New Comic Series Ahead of Big-Screen Debut

Captain Marvel, one of the formidable heroines of the Marvel universe, will be getting a hero’s welcome in a new comic-book series that begins in January. The series, which will be written by Kelly Thompson and drawn by Carmen Carnero, returns Captain Marvel to New York City after a stint in space as the first line of defense against alien threats.

The spotlight on the female superhero, and her alter ego Carol Danvers, precedes her debut on the big screen in “Captain Marvel,” starring Brie Larson, which arrives in theaters in March.

02marvel-item_art1-superJumbo.jpg

02marvel-item_art2-jumbo.jpg

Carol back :banderas:

Again :troll:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Bendis might have something with THE UNITED STATES VS MURDER INC. It's a bit of a Leon ripoff but the art is interesting, and Im a sucker for crime comics.

BORDER TOWN #1 is the worst thing Ive ever read. I threw it in the trash immediately.

Screen_Shot_2018_09_28_at_8_01_41_PM.png

whats-sticker-social-media-content-260nw-1109193521.jpg

Untitled.png

We are Groot?
I got a Thursday badge

Last edited:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Man x men gold really turned to shyt in the last 20 some issues, or whenever they went to jail for a couple issues. Guggenheim doesn't know how to end things for crap.

At least blue left me wanting more cause I enjoyed the comic for the most part,this just left me going "that's it?
"

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
i don't think she's ever not had a series in the past decade. the last one I liked was right before she became Captain Marvel, that was essentially a team-up book that showed her relationships with everyone.
That may have been the last time she had a star quality artist. Or maybe that was just the cover art? I'm thinking of the Frank Cho covers.. or that may have been further back. There was another run where she was fighting her evil self or something, or moonstone dressed up as her? the interior art was stylistic and pretty.

I never really read CM books, i just flipped through the pages and put the book back on the stands :manny:

I read the KSD run though, just off the strength of Rhodey... only for them to ship her ass off into space... which was a terrible decision, and i want to blame Bendis because i feel it's always his fault somehow. Now all of a sudden he leaves and she's no longer trapped in space.

What are your thoughts on this writer? She's apparently something special