Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because Tom King does not know how to write Booster Gold. This is obvious.

Two years ago he was one of the hottest writers in comics, but he's really exposed himself to be a one-trick pony.

Ol Dak Prescott/Derek Carr of comics ass motherfukker.
Yeah, I HATED that appearance he recently had in Batman. I'm assuming that'll tie into this somehow, but that was god awful. One of the worst modern stories I've read in awhile. You're correct-- he is not writing Booster Gold correctly at all.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Heroes In Crisis #1 sucked. Tom King continues to not live up to the hype. A nonsensical fight between Booster Gold & Harley Quinn, and the rest was meant to shock. I guess DC is going dark again and going back to stunt killing & shytting on their characters.
King is the new age Grant Morrison. Overrated AF.

I might give his Mister Miracle book a shot if I find the trade for cheap one day.

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
Screen_Shot_2018_09_28_at_8_01_41_PM.png

whats-sticker-social-media-content-260nw-1109193521.jpg

Untitled.png

We are Groot?

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Daredevil #608:

" Scared and angry at daredevil and reader's attempts to erase him into nonexistence..."

this is tew much :mjlol:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
So Darkseid killed Orion off panel :ohhh:. I thought Scott had killed him and took his place
Issue 6. Scott goes tonfight him and found him dead.

This last issue was good, but it's clear now that this is mostly in Scott's head

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Anyone check out JL Odyssey? I'm a huge Darkseid fan so I'ma peep. Haven't read his recent shyt; Darkseid War was the last thing I read with him in it.

Still don't like how they made him look like MCU Ronan. :francis:

Also, is Heroes In Crisis affecting current continuity? Might check it since I've read every other "Crisis."

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Anyone check out JL Odyssey? I'm a huge Darkseid fan so I'ma peep. Haven't read his recent shyt; Darkseid War was the last thing I read with him in it.

it was..... a'aight. :francis:

I feel like Sejic should only be drawing girl-centric comics though.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Also, is Heroes In Crisis affecting current continuity? Might check it since I've read every other "Crisis."
I like the concept and the first issue did a good job setting things up.
Not a fan of the new look Darkseid but am curious to see how they make his being part of a superhero team work.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I like the concept and the first issue did a good job setting things up.
Not a fan of the new look Darkseid but am curious to see how they make his being part of a superhero team work.
Darkseid looked better in the book than on the cover. Him as a “hero” is fukkin weird. I expect a heel turn in the future.

@AquaCityBoy , you recently re-read Metal right? Been thinking of reading it again, but ima wait for an omnibus so it can have all the tie-ins.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Darkseid looked better in the book than on the cover. Him as a “hero” is fukkin weird. I expect a heel turn in the future.

@AquaCityBoy , you recently re-read Metal right? Been thinking of reading it again, but ima wait for an omnibus so it can have all the tie-ins.
I like that Darkseid still seems to be up to shenanigans and isn't being presented as having turned over a new leaf or anything. From his little speech at the end of the issue he is pretty straight up about how he plans on using the assembled heroes. It is just a question of what his end goal really is.