Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why doesn't Marvel release those Mabilu titles in trade? Would love to read all of The Sludge, Prime, and Mantra since I only got a couple of issues here and there back in the day.
I think it's an issue with having to pay the creators. Marvel owns the characters but the creators would still get a cut. I think it's something from the original Malibu creator contracts that were signed that even the buyout couldn't wipe away.

The only time I tried to get into Malibu was right after Marvel bought them and they did some crossovers (Black September?) and relaunched the line. The few comics I bought (Prime and Exiles) were decent.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
The cover for FF 3 is :wow:

Ribic is becoming a favorite of mine. All that’s missing is Wolvie, but his current story won’t allow it. :francis:

Fantastic_Four_Vol_6_3_Textless.jpg

I’ve read shyt with almost every one of them taking up a membership in the FF, except for Cage and Medusa. When did they join? I think I may have seen a panel with Medusa from an old ass comic.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
@Jmare007 , the Marvel 2 in 1 series was damn good stuff. I picked up some more issues yesterday. I couldn’t stop reading it. I d/l the last few issues I needed to read. I’m definitely gonna be on the lookout for the remaining hard copies to add to my collection.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
@Jmare007 , the Marvel 2 in 1 series was damn good stuff. I picked up some more issues yesterday. I couldn’t stop reading it. I d/l the last few issues I needed to read. I’m definitely gonna be on the lookout for the remaining hard copies to add to my collection.

:blessed: now dude is in charge of Daredevil so I'ma be on the look out for it

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I’ve read shyt with almost every one of them taking up a membership in the FF, except for Cage and Medusa. When did they join? I think I may have seen a panel with Medusa from an old ass comic.
Medusa joined to replace Sue for a bit while she was on leave taking care of Franklin who was sick.
Cage joined for a brief period of time when The Thing reverted back to being human.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's an issue with having to pay the creators. Marvel owns the characters but the creators would still get a cut. I think it's something from the original Malibu creator contracts that were signed that even the buyout couldn't wipe away.

The only time I tried to get into Malibu was right after Marvel bought them and they did some crossovers (Black September?) and relaunched the line. The few comics I bought (Prime and Exiles) were decent.
Tom Mason was one of the founders of Malibu and he shed some light on the deal.
Quote of the day: get in the time machine

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Joker in Justice League 13
200.gif

yeah he earned my respect.

It'll be interesting to see if they write- if they EVER flesh out the 3 jokers story....

is THIS is the dangerous one, one is merely sadistic and the other is just a joke with squirt flowers and real mallets that look rubber who gets beat up by robin.

Problem with this joker.... you'd have to actually write a story where Joker does this type of shyt and pushes Batman to his limit and it doesn't seem like an older story

Cause he shyt ALL OVER Luthor in this story :whew: