Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #1 - Loved it. Definitely going to follow this series. The art is terrific; less digital looking and more about mood than focusing on realism.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Ruff & Reddy Show was pretty good. Can't really go wrong with Howard Chaykin writing, but wasn't as impactful as Snagglepuss

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Immortal Hulk gotta be the illest comic book right now.
i mean, i got my favorites and shyt no doubt (Ms.Marvel, Weapon X-Force, shyt even Doc Strange shyt pretty dope). but i just never read no Hulk shyt like this.
this is straight up horror.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Immortal Hulk gotta be the illest comic book right now.
i mean, i got my favorites and shyt no doubt (Ms.Marvel, Weapon X-Force, shyt even Doc Strange shyt pretty dope). but i just never read no Hulk shyt like this.
this is straight up horror.
If you are interested in something similar I remember Jeff Lemire's run on Animal Man and Scott Snyder's Swamp Thing had horror vibes. Immortal Hulk gives me the same :ohhh::mindblown: feeling I got when reading those two titles. The best from the 52 reboot, imo

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
If you are interested in something similar I remember Jeff Lemire's run on Animal Man and Scott Snyder's Swamp Thing had horror vibes. Immortal Hulk gives me the same :ohhh::mindblown: feeling I got when reading those two titles. The best from the 52 reboot, imo
yeah.i think i remember that Swamp Thing run. I always liked his shyt.
I heard of Animal Man, but never got into it
the last Cloak and Dagger arc was surprisingly good too.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
CONAN THE BARBARIAN #1 - Surprisingly enjoyable. Great art, and isnt toned down at all. I'll keep up with it, but this shyt better not be two a month forever

The deluxe edition Snyder Swamp thing is usually $39 but right now is $5 on comixology

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CONAN THE BARBARIAN #1 - Surprisingly enjoyable. Great art, and isnt toned down at all. I'll keep up with it, but this shyt better not be two a month forever
I was concerned that it would be toned down from the Dark Horse run, too. Never really read much of the Marvel run except for reprints from the magazine run the Savage Sword of Conan which lined up more with what Dark Horse was doing.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
three issues.

issues 1 through 3.

That's how long it took for me to hate the protagonist of Fearscape. To hate this..... "Henry Henry" character.... more than I have ever-

Hey, brehs. y'all know I've read a shyt ton of american comics. I honestly don't think I've ever hated a comic character.

Various writers, artists and editors that I'm not gonna name else I'll go on a rant, yeah. :yeshrug:

Manga characters, sure. :mjlol:

:heh: but I hate this nikka so bad, man.... I wanna buy physical copies just so I can take an ink pen and scratch his face out of every panel.

edit: It's like I forgot carol danvers even existed.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Champions #1's last page:patrice:
I'm guessing that splash page of the OG Champions going through it on their mission was so bad that Mephisto showed up and Miles made a deal with him to fix whatever went wrong and make it so the rest of the team forget what really happened.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Best page in Heroes in Crisis #4
49LbRvH.jpg

Black Canary is not here for therapy.