Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
savage-avengers-1-cover.jpg

Savage Avengers eh?
Damn, they're going all in on Conan. Just saw yesterday they're bringing Savage Sword of Conan back as well. So now he's a part of the 616 Universe? What is this going to be -- the hit squad version of the Avengers?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Damn, they're going all in on Conan. Just saw yesterday they're bringing Savage Sword of Conan back as well. So now he's a part of the 616 Universe? What is this going to be -- the hit squad version of the Avengers?
What's Conan's strength/durability level? He superhuman like Hercules, low-level like Luke Cage, or Kazaar?

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't wait until Thanos is on the Avengers roster. :mjgrin:
Surprised he hasn't been on it already. At this point, DC will have to start adding Marvel characters to the Justice League and Marvel will have to start adding DC characters to the Avengers. Both companies have seemingly run through everyone possible for those rosters.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Anybody read Avengers: No Road Home #1?
It was an OK read but one thing has bugged me since I read it...they just made Spectrum disappear halfway through the book with no explanation. She gets recruited into the team and then is never seen again.
It's like the artist forgot she was in the book because every other member of this Avengers team was shown except for her.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was in the 616 universe back in the 70s. I think they just glossed over his era when they lost the license.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:francis: kinda miffed at Red Hood and the Outlaws.

there was a minor uproar a little while ago in..... I think it was Boston. Where it was revealed that the the police department used "Mondays" as a code for black people.

Because "nobody likes Mondays"
The Mondays in Red Hood are clones of Solomon Grundy and named after the line in the Solomon Grundy nursery rhyme: "Solomon Grundy born on Monday".

fukked up that it coincides with the shytty racism of Boston cops but the name actually fits for the characters.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was not sure if I was going to bother with the new Dial H for Hero series but this preview sold me just for how ridiculous it is.

R40YGEm.jpg

wFADwME.jpg

2JjS6fw.jpg

If the heroes the Dial transforms people into are going to be this weird and if they are going to be drawn in the style of the era being mocked then this book just might end up becoming a favorite of mine.