Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Rob Liefeld has done an alternate cover for Justice League #19 coming out in March:
5umHlo6.jpg

He drew six characters but only two of them have feet in view. That guy cracks me up.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Image is doing a Best of 2018 sale. Got caught up on all the issues of Skyward and A Bolivian Song.

The fascinating thing about Skyward is how it portrays the class divide. In a world where people live in low-gravity, you would think that the rich would be the ones living amongst the skies and the poor would be on the ground looking up at them, but in this book it's the opposite. The rich are the ones who get to stay on the ground because they can afford the technology that simulates normal gravity, while the poor are the ones stuck in the air. And the rich have the advantage of being safe on the ground while the poor have to be very careful they don't float away and die, plus they have to deal with natural disasters being way different in low gravity, like rain storms becoming giant floating blobs of water.

My favorite part in the whole book is when they walk past a class and one of the students asks, "Is it true that a girl can get pregnant if it just... floats in?" And the teacher goes, "No, that's a myth, but that's not an excuse to not clean up after yourself." :mjlol:

Oblivion Song was really great at hooking you in from the start. I was kind of skeptical because I'm so over other dimensions and post-apocalyptic fiction, and it's written by Robert Kirkman, so I thought it'd be too similar to Walking Dead, which I was burnt out on years ago. But it's actually really good so far, and it's really a great character drama. Walking Dead was too, but this has so many nuanced, complicated relationships between all its characters.