Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Are they starting to give Miles his own villains? Have they actually explained how he's in the 610 universe and why there are two Spider-Men running around?

They introduced a new one (or an obscure one that i never heard of) that was pretty much a MAGA redneck with killgrave-lite powers, but the execution and motivation was so lame and heavy-handed that he's completely forgettable.

They gave more character development to Rhyno, who aided Miles, which was cool but also questionable; they should be giving that time to new/original villains and frenemies for Miles.

I haven't been keepin up with all the spider man crossover stuff so i got no idea about any of that two spider-men, unless you're talkin miles and pete lol

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Found Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History in my pull list last night and just finished that piff :russ:

Frank going back in time before his wife and kid get killed and rolls up to the house as Uncle Fredo so he can start telling his son bullshyt stories about him being the 5th member of the Fantastic 5 :pachaha::dead:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone else thoroughly enjoying these new Sandman books?

Only one that’s somewhat lackluster is Book of Magic.

House of Whispers, The Dreaming and Lucifer have all been incredible though

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
A few years ago I had a job that dealt with recycling sensitive material. A company with a rabbit as their mascot was one of their contractors, and every Tuesday or Wednesday their stuff would come on. I would bring home a bunch of comics, sometimes trades and posters, that I'd find. One time I came across these:

XOrkLfw.jpg

I miss the job for this reason only: finding comics and comic book related gems. :to:

Last edited:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
He got all his memories and most of his power back after killing Zeus and absorbing his godhood. Then he started plotting to get some type of extra power to stop whatever is coming as a result of The Justice league breaking the Source Wall.

Where did this happen?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, this article randomly popped up in my Google feed.

The one part of comics that the MCU can’t seem to replicate

shyt is :mjlol: status. Compare a medium that'll give you twelve new stories with a character per year at minimum to one that'll maybe get you a new appearance every two years at best, brehs.

shyt like this confuses me when comic fans get overly upset at the movies not being exactly like the books. They're two different mediums. Half the time the back stories some of these people want were told over literal years of issues of comics. These damn movies are already a smooth two and half hours already. Them shyts would need to be four hours long for some shyt that most of the audience wouldn't fukking care about.

Last edited: