Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Long story, but it’s worth a read:

First time was unintentional. See, the year before I bought a WC ticket at the door. I assumed it would be the same the next time. I ended up inside the Center and they told me no walk-up tickets. I already paid for parking, so I didn’t want to leave. The Halls are connected, so you can just walk to the Con after getting your badge. At first I actually tried to bribe a Staff worker, but the cornball wasn’t having it. I ended up sneaking in away from him. :lolbron:

Did the same the next year, but I was strategic. I took an older WC ticket and put it on a lanyard. I walked by the staff workers pretending I was talking on the phone. :heh:

I was feeling myself too much. I did it again at Comikaze. But this time I almost got caught. Did the same ticket-fake phone call routine. As I approached the entrance a worker approached me. He looked at my ticket like :patrice:

Inside I was :merchant:. He asked “what’s this? :dwillhuh:” and I responded with a smart ass remark, “it’s a Sunday ticket.” He was :jbhmm:, but let me in. I was :whew:

Needless to say, I stopped doing that shyt. :mjlol:

Cons are a lot more strict now, especially WC.
————————

Also, today I loaded up on a bunch of unnecessary comics and trades. :blessed: :francis:

Carrying about 50 pounds of piff. :ahh:

My feet were killing me tho. :sadcam:

:russ:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Justice League Dark: Imagine having drinks at the bar, leaving out the back and being attacked by some magical thigh high boots. :francis:

All these obscure callbacks. :whew: Anybody remember a time when Marvel acted like they were gearing up for this big Magic crossover? Then they just did nothing?

:heh: I bet this whole shyt is going to end up with Mordru wearing all those Order artifacts some kinda impossible way..... and getting fukked over by John Constantine at the last minute :mjlol:

U talkin bout that time when Marvel put out those cards with all the Marvel Universe mystical characters?

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Comixology doing a Shazam sale. Got the first three issues of the new run for $0.84 a piece. :leon:

Glad I didn't impulse buy and get them when they were full price.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
All that Age of X-Man stuff is them trying to fight the system because they're not allowed to have relationships.

I don't think any of them will carry over once this event is done.

They just fartin around until Hickman comes with the palate cleanser

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Wait, what? :dwillhuh:

Why was he arrested? Jean on her MeToo :mjpls: edition.

Haha it goes back to what @AquaCityBoy said; apparently for some stupid reason idk bc i'm not really payin attention to this shyt, they aren't allowed to have relationships or be in love or lust... and Nate, whose in charge of this world i guess, found out that Bishop was fukkin his mom.

The rest, as they say, is :mjpls:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really know very little about X-Men lore, but I assumed Nate has always been anti-relationships going back to some X-title years ago.

Otherwise none of this makes any sense. Why would he go through the trouble of sending all the X-Men to this 'perfect' society for mutants if they can't have relationships?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Yall don't wanna know what happened next :mjpls: