Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of Bendis, DC announced he'll be writing a new Legion of Super-Heroes book.

This is what I was talking about earlier when I said Bendis was overtaking the line. :snoop: DC does not publish enough for him to be doing all these books like he did at Marvel. I wouldn't be surprised if we get to a point where bendis is writing almost a third of DC's monthly output.

Also, I thought Matt Fraction was going to do Legion. Surely they didn't bring him over just to do the Jimmy Olsen maxi. Maybe he'll do JSA if Snyder/Tynion don't.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Speaking of Bendis, DC announced he'll be writing a new Legion of Super-Heroes book.

This is what I was talking about earlier when I said Bendis was overtaking the line. :snoop: DC does not publish enough for him to be doing all these books like he did at Marvel. I wouldn't be surprised if we get to a point where bendis is writing almost a third of DC's monthly output.

Also, I thought Matt Fraction was going to do Legion. Surely they didn't bring him over just to do the Jimmy Olsen maxi. Maybe he'll do JSA if Snyder/Tynion don't.
I thought Snyder already said he was going to write JSA?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He may have. I know they're coming back in the Justice/Doom War starting in September.

But now I'm wondering if Matt Fraction will be doing anything besides Jimmy Olsen. Maybe Green Arrow? :mjlol:
It is odd that Fraction is only working on Jimmy Olsen.
Has me thinking that he is on deck to take over Superman when Bendis bounces.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps

DC turning down Hickman pitch for LOS n accepts Bendis?!

:what:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC turning down Hickman pitch for LOS n accepts Bendis?!

:what:
That can't be true. DC loves big name writers so there is no way they would shoot down a dude at Hickman's superstar writer level wanting to resurrect a property that DC has been desperately trying to figure out how to make popular again.
If it is true than people need to be fired for being stupid.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Love the bravado. Came back like

tenor.gif

:mjlol:

This shyt gonna be epic.

On another note these Ed Piskor X-men books are incredible brehs:ohhh:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I wanted to like EVENT LEVIATHAN because I love the shadowy organizations stuff in DC and I thought the Superman: Leviathan Rising special was cool.
But.
I don't know if Bendis was tired when he wrote this or what but this comic book has some of the most moronic and stilted dialogue I have ever read in a comic book.
And Bendis needs to be kept as far away from Batman as humanly possible because he doesn't have a feel for writing Bats at all.

IMMORTAL HULK #19 was :scurred:
I was gonna read it, but I’m not too familiar with this Leviathan character, especially the direction they’re doing it now. I only scanned it for Maleev’s art and to see how he’s gonna use Question in this.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was gonna read it, but I’m not too familiar with this Leviathan character, especially the direction they’re doing it now. I only scanned it for Maleev’s art and to see how he’s gonna use Question in this.
Leviathan is a new character...they are setting it up to be the new identity of an already existing hero.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I wanted to like EVENT LEVIATHAN because I love the shadowy organizations stuff in DC and I thought the Superman: Leviathan Rising special was cool.
But.
I don't know if Bendis was tired when he wrote this or what but this comic book has some of the most moronic and stilted dialogue I have ever read in a comic book.
And Bendis needs to be kept as far away from Batman as humanly possible because he doesn't have a feel for writing Bats at all.

:mjlol: it's bendis. If characters have personality in a bendis comic, the artist wrote it. Y'all don't hear me,though :mjlol: