Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
OI6ykXI.jpg
The illest!

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just need my man Kyle Rayner to be in one them cells and it's game set match. Him and Tim been disrespected since Flashpoint. At least Wally's getting shine right now.
Yeah I'm a Tim fan , grew up with him . Remember all the he's the smartest and the next batman talk . Then Damian came through and took his shine :to:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just need my man Kyle Rayner to be in one them cells and it's game set match. Him and Tim been disrespected since Flashpoint. At least Wally's getting shine right now.

It's possible. He was purposely left out of any Rebirth/Green Lantern promotional material, but he's supposed to play a big part in Hal Jordan and the GLC.

But we did see him in the GLC Rebirth issue, so who knows?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Anybody ever read Zenith by Grant Morrison?

It's one of his earliest works, but it reads very much like The Invisibles, told from the superhero side of things.

4 trades, I marathonned all 4 last night.

I might read it now. Then again, I should really try catching up on The Invisibles too, only read like the first three volumes or something.

Just started reading the first trade of East of West. I fukked up by not reading this earlier.

Yes, you did. If Hickman can see this one through to the end properly (and I think he will) this will become his magnum opus.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I might read it now. Then again, I should really try catching up on The Invisibles too, only read like the first three volumes or something.

I'm reading his Doom Patrol right now.

I.... prolly shouldn't have started so soon after reading Zenith. :patrice:

Morrison really has been predisposed to this.... "modern Cthulhu/Eldrich Abomination" apocalypse type stuff, hasn't he.

"Something's waiting to eat our universe. :demonic:" stuff.

Zenith
Invisibles
Doom Patrol
his JLA (Mageddon)
Final Crisis/Multiversity

It may all as well be the same story told from a different multiversal perspective/point of view.

edit: I.... wanna add The Filth to that list, but I'm gonna have to reread it sober.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm reading his Doom Patrol right now.

I.... prolly shouldn't have started so soon after reading Zenith. :patrice:

Morrison really has been predisposed to this.... "modern Cthulhu/Eldrich Abomination" apocalypse type stuff, hasn't he.

"Something's waiting to eat our universe. :demonic:" stuff.

Zenith
Invisibles
Doom Patrol
his JLA (Mageddon)
Final Crisis/Multiversity

It may all as well be the same story told from a different multiversal perspective/point of view.

edit: I.... wanna add The Filth to that list, but I'm gonna have to reread it sober.

Yeah, he's always been obsessed with that stuff but I think his experiences on writing Invisibles (that whole story about he incorporated magick into it and got sick writing it because of the hurt and pain he put his proxy characters through) made him switch to a generally more positive outlook. Like he's still about that world ending evil cult stuff but instead of being pessimist and cynical about it like his archnemesis he believes that the world can be saved, humanity can be healed, etc. etc.

Speaking of Morrison and his cult stuff, did you ever end up reading Annihilator? :jbhmm:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Gerard Way really delivered a Morrison-like Doom Patrol with that first issue. I am eager to see where he goes with this book.

Detective Comics is still my favorite Batman book. Got me all in my feelings even with the swerve at the end.

Uncanny X-Men was ass and Captain America was written to be a total c*nt.

Anybody reading Animosity? Its from Aftershock comics and written by Marguerite Bennett (who has become a really tight writer). Something happens and all of the animals on the planet gain sentience and the ability to talk which completely upends everything as some of the newly intelligent animals decide they really hate humans.
Its only two issues in but is a really fun book.
luzNo5V.jpg

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Gerard Way really delivered a Morrison-like Doom Patrol with that first issue. I am eager to see where he goes with this book.

Detective Comics is still my favorite Batman book. Got me all in my feelings even with the swerve at the end.

Uncanny X-Men was ass and Captain America was written to be a total c*nt.

Anybody reading Animosity? Its from Aftershock comics and written by Marguerite Bennett (who has become a really tight writer). Something happens and all of the animals on the planet gain sentience and the ability to talk which completely upends everything as some of the newly intelligent animals decide they really hate humans.
Its only two issues in but is a really fun book.
luzNo5V.jpg

I'm reading it. Really liked the first issue.