Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
JHK5eBe.png

Who's the girl?

carol danvers

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
See, I never really fukked with the x-men (outside of the cartoons/games) until about 99/'00 with Morrison's New X-Men run and Claremont's Xtreme X-Men. Of course i got familiar with their history and read up on a number of backstories... but these color coded x-men teams is more so one of those things that i "heard about" back in the day. So if this is a throwback to how things were in the 80s/90s, then i can see why or if ppl are excited, as that seemed to be a popular time for them. Tbh, only thing i'm mildly curious about is if they actually bring back "the" Jean Grey after keepin her dead for about a decade, esp after the major swerve they did with Hope Summers.

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Not too heavy on the X-Men.

I'm about to start with the Grant Morrison run and read up to the current time, atleast the main books.

Prolly not gonna read all the random side comics.

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
So basically we already know how Inhumans vs X-Men ends and pretty much everything going on in the titles right now is irrelevant. Another bunch of new #1's, new costumes, etc. The X-Men used to be my favorite super hero team but honestly not really excited about this new launch. :francis:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
S can we assume somewhere behind the scenes Fox said.... fukk it lets work together...... Cause this new slate of X-Men books is radically different than the "fukk mutants" stuff Marvel has been pushing the last decade+

It's starting to look like it's about that time, right? Generation X might bring in new mutants, which they explicitly said they weren't doing since they didn't want to give Fox new material.

After Logan, seems like it'd be a good time to make a clean break from the old X-Men, and roll out a MCU version (we ain't about to believe there will be no on screen representation of fukking Wolverine).

Marvel has backed off of Inhumans HEAVY on the movie/TV front

And there was that rumor from I think last year after Fantastic Four flopped that Fox and Marvel had started talking.

On top of that, cutting the deal seems like a win for everybody. Only Marvel faces real risk (saturation/burnout point has to be somewhere in the near future for Marvel).

I know I'm probably just connecting dots that aren't really there, but if that shyt happens........:wow:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
It's starting to look like it's about that time, right? Generation X might bring in new mutants, which they explicitly said they weren't doing since they didn't want to give Fox new material.

After Logan, seems like it'd be a good time to make a clean break from the old X-Men, and roll out a MCU version (we ain't about to believe there will be no on screen representation of fukking Wolverine).

And there was that rumor from I think last year after Fantastic Four flopped that Fox and Marvel had started talking.

On top of that, cutting the deal seems like a win for everybody. Only Marvel faces real risk (saturation/burnout point has to be somewhere in the near future for Marvel).

I know I'm probably just connecting dots that aren't really there, but if that shyt happens........:wow:
I really doubt Fox will give up the X-Men rights or even do a joint deal like Sony did with Marvel when it comes to Spider-Man. The X-Men films make Fox too much money especially with what Deadpool did this year.

I can definitely see Fox giving up Fantastic Four though which I wouldn't have a problem with.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I really doubt Fox will give up the X-Men rights or even do a joint deal like Sony did with Marvel when it comes to Spider-Man. The X-Men films make Fox too much money especially with what Deadpool did this year.

I can definitely see Fox giving up Fantastic Four though which I wouldn't have a problem with.
They definitely sharing something

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

Marvel already said this shyt aint gonna work? lol