Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
It was a desperate shot.

They've never had any success with the inhumans.

They've had 4 or 5 series and while some were great, they've never taken off.

HAve you ever seen an Inhuman cartoon?

Well there you go. :francis:
:dahell: It's Marvel they do this nikka. Gotg was a long shot they just put it on the back burner.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
if they wanted the inhumans to work they should have set them up as a third pillar instead of trying to muscle them into the mutant slot. mutants are always gonna be on the brink of destruction, so let them live in that, and have the inhumans be on the opposite. no need to put them in direct conflict with each other. and the only reason you think mutants are on another tier than inhumans is because weve been absorbing x-men related stuff for years.

Nope.

They're boring as central characters. It's how they're built.

For instance:

You can't have a 4 issue limited series with Black Bolt as the central character.

You HAVE to make him a periphery character. He can't speak. But you CAN use him as that character that shows up and wrecks shyt when shyt hits the fan.

Or Medusa. I wonder what her power is? Is it turning folks to stone? hmmm.. It's not? oh.

There's a dude who looks like a fish. I wonder what his power is? Oh shyt he's what people think Aquaman is, minus the actual talking to fish!

Gorgon? Who cares? I mean... look at him. Oh shyt! He can make shockwaves in the ground when he stomps his feet? Who cares? they barely showed his power when he could USE his power. he's big angry strong guy with horse legs. A watered down hercules. yaay.

PLUS you have all of this history and political intrigue tied to them. Nobody cares about that shyt.

The only inhumans that can make it on their own are

Crystal

Karnak

Maximus (as a villain)

:ooh: let's make NEW inhumans!

:francis: Marvel can barely make new anything that sticks unless they media blitz a character

And besides, new inhumans are still inhumans. :mjlol:

Do you think any of us actual fans are wondering why Marvel isn't pushing Kamala Khan as "the new INHUMAN marvel star"?

:mjlol:Nope, it's because we know they KNOW better.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:dahell: It's Marvel they do this nikka. Gotg was a long shot they just put it on the back burner.

GotG was never a long shot.

GotG was already a hit with the comic fans.

They already had the ideas for the movie.

They destroyed the comics to revamp it for the movie.

OF COURSE the comics flopped. Fans still mad .

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Nope.

For instance:

You can't have a 4 issue limited series with Black Bolt as the central character.

You HAVE to make him a periphery character. He can't speak. But you CAN use him as that character that shows up and wrecks shyt when shyt hits the fan.

Or Medusa. I wonder what her power is? Is it turning folks to stone? hmmm.. It's not? oh.

There's a dude who looks like a fish. I wonder what his power is? Oh shyt he's what people think Aquaman is, minus the actual talking to fish!

Gorgon? Who cares? I mean... look at him. Oh shyt! He can make shockwaves in the ground when he stomps his feet? Who cares? they barely showed his power when he could USE his power. he's big angry strong guy with horse legs. A watered down hercules. yaay.

PLUS you have all of this history and political intrigue tied to them. Nobody cares about that shyt.

Crystal

Karnak

Maximus (as a villain)

:francis: Marvel can barely make new anything that sticks unless they media blitz a character

Do you think any of us actual fans are wondering why Marvel isn't pushing Kamala Khan as "the new INHUMAN marvel star"?

in a medium like comics books, having a character that cant speak is the least of the characters issues. especially since we get the thoughts of a character in narative form.

theres a few issues behind the inhumans failure that wouldnt have to be if marvel was being ran competently. the first is the head on collision they were forced into with the xmen. people arent going to forget decades of storylines and just embrace characters that are completely new to them over the tried and true. the second was just throwing them out there with no plan whatsoever as to try to cash in on the media aspect of inhumans. if you want people to give a shyt about something, then there has to be stakes to things. have inhumans in coc00ns being sacrificed by cultists, using them as batteries, fukk, give them a central villain they can focus on. instead of inhumans just popping up with no cause of fear. if there was someone behind the scenes that actually thought out this push they were gonna get, then these wouldnt be issues.

and the reason that kamala isnt known as an inhuman hero, is because shes closer attached to the bigger floating L that is captain marvel. and after outdoing her, i guess they felt there was no real reason to attach her to inhumans outside of secret wars

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Nope.

For instance:

Crystal

Karnak

Maximus (as a villain)

AmeriKKKa :snoop:

and shes EASILY my favorite new character right now :mjcry:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Their most recognizable character literally can't talk, has no charisma to him and is portrayed as completely reliant on other people carrying the dialogue while he looks on.

Their next most recognizable character is a generic wife queen with a laughable power set and even worse costume.

Their 3rd most recognizable character is an oversized teleporting mutt.

Inhumans were always going to have an uphill battle in the MCU because the royal family itself is largely boring, old fashioned and caucasian. They tried combating that by addin some 'versity to the supporting cast and makin Medusa replace Black Bolt as the face of the franchise... but nobody cares.

And even with all the race-bending they'd have to do in the MCU movie version (if they ever get around to that again) i just don't see the interest in them or it being worth the investment. They work better as a plot device for other characters.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
It's like I was telling somebody else

We can give Jack Kirby his props, and they're well due.

But a LOT of his ideas really don't translate well into the modern age.

The Inhumans, no matter HOW you write them or HOW you draw them,

Will always seem like those generic action figure toys that you find in the grocery store.

Generic names, generic powers, generic story, generic looks.

It's like the rest of Marvel is the cool shyt. Transformers.

Inhumans are the Go-Bots of the Marvel Universe.

:whew:

well damn :wow:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Nope.

For instance:

Crystal

Karnak

Maximus (as a villain)

You make some damn good points.

The inhumans would have to undergo a serious revamp. Probably should have just erased 616 inhumans and brought over the ultimate ver's

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
They pushing Carol so hard, they got her boding dudes on their own cover
tumblr_of1qn9reFf1u496xso1_540.jpg

parallax

Superstar
Daps
You make some damn good points.

The inhumans would have to undergo a serious revamp. Probably should have just erased 616 inhumans and brought over the ultimate ver's

That's what I was saying earlier. If they made a concentrated effort to make them work instead of throwing them out there because TV and movies, I think they would have fared a lot better from people other than X-Men hang ons. There's no reason that we shouldn't have crooner black bolt in the game.

Last edited: